What is wrong in this photo...

Enigma

Well spotted but not what I mean. BTW, I call it Wilhem, spoken in German it sound like wheelhelmet in Dutch , been on various vehicles for years as loot.

Its more of a risky thing I am referring to.

Edited by Enigma

36 minutes ago, fv1609 said:

Loose wheel nut

Dodgey.jpg.d48dd7d7475cdc9be2c8f785dff3611c.jpg

Attaboy!!!

Even worse...I only had the Dodge for a short time and this was my first event.

After I noticed the loose wheelnut and checked I discovered 18 out of 20 were completely loose or had to be tightened. Damn, it could have gone wrong....

Yes I know all about loose wheel nuts!

Having got my Shorland roadworthy 30+ years ago I took it for its first trip, some 45 miles to an event at Bovington Tank Museum. I was rather bugged by a rattling that I thought was caused by the turret, I stopped in a few lay-bys but could see nothing amiss.

I had nearly arrived at Bovington, but on the roundabout at Bere Regis there was a loud crash & I found I was sitting in an undriveable 3-wheeler as I watched the NS rear wheel roll into a hedge.

Fellow motorists were none too pleased as I climbed out in a dazed panic wondering how to move it. After a few minutes Neville Anderson deputy curator of the Tank Museum drove by in his Land Rover & invited me to hop in. So a recovery team was organised by way of George Alexander's wrecker with a gang of helpers. The Shorland was recovered to the traffic island, the wheel was affixed by the remaining bits of thread left on the studs.

In the workshops "Chatty" Taylor MIGed the nuts on & I was able to return home later that day on 4 wheels again. So since then I have had an eye for loose wheel nuts!

1458733857_27BT6827.JPG.f5f7ba1199f6c6efc4d42bd9305449b7.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Enigma said:

Attaboy!!!

Even worse...I only had the Dodge for a short time and this was my first event.

After I noticed the loose wheelnut and checked I discovered 18 out of 20 were completely loose or had to be tightened. Damn, it could have gone wrong....

I know with mij humber box it went wrong. Due to to big holes in the lh side rims en rhd nuts never tide but before you know what the problem really is this happened

1B002459-0306-471A-A168-9054A7501DFE.jpeg

F9AF9816-01A7-4C33-88F2-04A52B35AC81.jpeg

We did but due to big hole in the rims and rh thread the nuts tide on the hub not rim by braking not enough resistance on the nut so they cave lose while braking. Next you tide them even more and over stretch the bolt and finally they brake 

Edited by monty2