A Lightweight Land Rover with EVERYTHING!!

In my search for a Lightweight L/R, came across this one currently on eBay that really does have EVERYTHING!  Must have driven through the War & Peace stalls with its bodywork covered in glue!  And inside as well!  Now its not really fair to decry someone else's obviously keen efforts, and if he/she likes it then that is all that matters.  Maybe I should buy it and strip it down as you could open a military stall with the bits bolted onto this Landie. Someone needs to whisper in his ear.."less is more". https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Lightweight-24v-ffr-1980-Series-3-military/114280951981?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

s-l1600-1.jpg

Worth a thought though. It looks clean and straight, if in generaly good condition it could be a decent buy and you could recoup quite a bit when selling off the extras.

At least it's not covered in chrome and it's missing the tow rope around the bumper and a canvas bucket hanging off the tow hook collecting road dirt.

44 minutes ago, Mk3iain said:

At least it's not covered in chrome and it's missing the tow rope around the bumper and a canvas bucket hanging off the tow hook collecting road dirt.

Look through the photos, the rope is there!

21 minutes ago, sirhc said:

Look through the photos, the rope is there!

Oh dear, so it is (is that a KERR?) and so much more besides. In my defence its not wrapped around it "just so" in the usual way :whistle:

Still, more parts for other vehicles to sell on including at least two spotlights...

It's second only to one which was on eBay a few months back - my all time favourite!  It had a large sign over the windscreen "LAD Armourer" and it was covered with every piece of REME recovery kit you could imagine.  It had a cab top with grilles over all the windows and, because of the weight of the snatch blocks on the bonnet, a patent screw assisted mechanism for raising the bonnet with a large handle at the front - just beside the enormous vice.  And, funnily enough, that was a good lightweight underneath as well.  I kept a photo of it, but, for some reason it won't download. 

10 68

1 hour ago, matchlesswdg3 said:

You are right, Iain, underneath all that gubbins lies what might be a decent truck; but not sure if I can afford the filler needed to plug the holes when all that kit comes off!  It would look like a collander.

You should have seen the Land Rovers we fitted the NI GRP armour to. If they had gone through several tours there would be quite a few holes in all the panels as the holes were never in the same place.