Jump to content

Another No2 Modified stove


Recommended Posts

I wasn't going to bid on this but its a variant I have only seen pictures of, any one has information on how common these were?

IMG_20200625_190519_resized_20200625_071019678.jpg

IMG_20200625_190523_resized_20200625_071020353.jpg

IMG_20200625_190537_resized_20200625_071021065.jpg

IMG_20200625_190544_resized_20200625_071021762.jpg

IMG_20200625_190511_resized_20200625_071022446.jpg

IMG_20200625_190432_resized_20200625_071023096.jpg

IMG_20200625_190420_resized_20200625_071023698.jpg

Edited by Surveyor
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Surveyor said:

Thanks this one does say 1975 but the label mentions unleaded petrol so assume its been modified

I had one of these back in the 80's and it said to use unleaded petrol, but this was well before Unleaded was available at filling stations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Richard Farrant said:

I had one of these back in the 80's and it said to use unleaded petrol, but this was well before Unleaded was available at filling stations.

Yes that's a puzzle, the instructions for this appear to be on metal and the others a "sticky label" need to source a supplier for the label

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 

1 hour ago, Surveyor said:

Thanks this one does say 1975 but the label mentions unleaded petrol so assume its been modified

The yellow label states leaded petrol

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Barrym said:

The 

The yellow label states leaded petrol

 

Wonder where i got unleaded from then this lock doen must be affecting the memory

Link to post
Share on other sites

NSN  7310-990125-1745 indicates it is an early model.

Following the fitting of a new burner assembly which increased the thermal output, producing cleaner combustion & simpler to operate it was designated 7310-99-139-4087 on a replacement plate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In this upgrade the brass instruction plate was removed & replaced by a self-adhesive label.

There were three issues of the upgrade. I don't know the actual date of the first issue but it was listed as current in Feb 1981, subsequent issues were Aug 1982 & Sep 1985.

Unmodified cookers were modified to the burner grid from Jul 1989

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, fv1609 said:

In this upgrade the brass instruction plate was removed & replaced by a self-adhesive label.

There were three issues of the upgrade. I don't know the actual date of the first issue but it was listed as current in Feb 1981, subsequent issues were Aug 1982 & Sep 1985.

Unmodified cookers were modified to the burner grid from Jul 1989

Clive

Thanks for the information I have printed this thread off to go in my stove file

Richard

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just bought another one different manufacturer, needs a bit of cleaning need to find a spare heat spreader plate, think i can see DBG under the matt paint but not sure

IMG_20200701_172053.jpg

IMG_20200701_171847.jpg

IMG_20200701_171956.jpg

IMG_20200701_171948.jpg

IMG_20200701_171952.jpg

IMG_20200701_171844.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...