Triumph 3SW

pawelcen

Thanks.

I know that. In Poland it is forbidden to mount a license plate. I just want to mount only the handles. Plates only during shows and in garage.
Some people wear soft plastic boards, but better not.
The new Benelli Leoncio has a Lion on the front fender and is approved for Europe. How is this possible???
If you had a sketch or an exact photo of these handles, please help me.
Regards

Pawel

• 2 weeks later...

Ron, thank you for your help.
The parts from Jan have arrived.
I have license plate holders from ebay, they look similar to those in the photos.
Unfortunately, Brian doesn't answer. I wanted to order front brake rod kit and handlebar 1 ".

Maybe the address is wrong? I have: briantillin385@gmail.com

Best regards

Pawel

Hello,

thank you Ron for your help.

Do you know what is the distance (a and b) between front license plate clamps from the edge of the mudguard?

How is the upper and lower chain guard attached?Could someone send me the pictures?

Thank you.

Pawel

Licence plate.jpg

Edited by pawelcen

Hi,
Another problem that arose was the positioning of the rubbers on the fuel tank.
I attach 4 versions.

Should the line of the bottom edge of the fuel tank "a" be parallel to the lower edge of the rubber "b" or to the sign Triumph "c"?

The top of the rubber is not perfect. Is this the standard?

As always, I count on your help.
Regards.
Paul

I.jpg

II.jpg

III.jpg

IV.jpg

view from top.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

If prewar brass bodied, then they were matt chromed, this was used up to 1939 or so.

After that the material changed to Mazak, and bodies were painted silver, this can be replicated in two pack silver paint, followed by two pack clear varnish, but it will turn yellow over time due to the agressive fuel these days.

In the beginning of the war all other brass fittings were still matt chromed, later this was just bare brass.

Cheers,

Lex

dec11_02.jpg

dec11_03.jpg

IMG_4241.jpg

Edited by welbike
additional info

As Lex says. The painted carbs where finished with a mat silver lacquer. Its was extremely petrol proof and would often go yellowish with age. After this the carbs were left bare metal, but I don't know when the change took place. 

The silver lacquer was also used by BSA on pre war engine and gearbox cases. It's difficult to remove.......Nothing quite like it made today.   Ron 

Didn't mean to repeat stuff. Lex added whilst I was typing. 

Edited by Ron

Yes, don't know either when the change to bare bodies came, but have noticed an inbetween finish, of only a clear varnish on certain bodies, especially 275 G3L ones, that I have, maybe they thought the bare metal was going to oxidize quickly??  

My (silver painted) Enfields WD-C carb was corroded a bit, but that bike must have been on the beach for some time, before being "rescued" by a French farmer.

Cheers, 

Lex

Hi,
thank you for the information and confirmation of my way of thinking.
I also thought it was paint.
As the Mazac body oxidizes, I covered it with copper and brass. Only then did I paint it with heat-resistant varnish and fired it at 220 degrees Celsius. It is resistant to gasoline. Maybe the color is not identical, but the nuances of the shades cannot be selected. The paint is English. :)

The rest of small parts was covered with copper and polished zinc. 

Pawel

Studzenie .jpg

IMG_20200914_193255.jpg

Elementy do miedziowania i cynkowania.jpg

Po miedziowaniu i cynkowaniu.jpg

Edited by pawelcen

Before that, I tried to cover the bodies with chrome.
I tried a cracked carburetor for testing. During etching, it underwent further destruction and intercrystalline corrosion. When galvanizing, the bath is not so aggressive. Does not destroy the material.
Regards1161463683_AMALdestrukt.thumb.jpg.f52579918c223e03f43d4a55e8eb790b.jpg1836849691_AMALdestrukt.thumb.jpg.f43bf960a50d1a87ba4648d26b2ee284.jpg

Hi,
I have four complete Amal Ltd. carburettors:
-275 / 145R (BIrmal) for Triumph 3S
-276BL / 1A for Royal Enfield G. I want to apply it to my Triumph 3SW. It has an elongated body connection.
- 276 / 014R from the Polish motorcycle Junak M07 350ccm from 1956-59
-L I98 - 1" (there's R014 stamp on the side?). Made of Mazak and covered with chrome.  Do you know what type of motorcycle it was and in which motorcycle?

I will be grateful for your help.

Pawel

IMG_20200806_204015.jpg

IMG_20200810_201925.jpg