Bedford thread types

Piston Broke

Nearly all the nuts and bolts on my 1940 Bedford MW are UNF.  Whilst it has been extensively rebuilt in the past, I would have expected it to be held together with BSF.  Have they all been replaced over the years, or was UNF the original predominant thread type?

1 hour ago, Adrian Barrell said:

Technically, they were not Unified as that did not exist until after the War. They would be ANF and ANC. The majority were taken into the Unified range, the exception being 1" ANF which was 14 tpi, 1" UNF is 12 tpi. I accept I am being a little pedantic! 

Adrian,

You are quite correct, I should have stated ANF/ANC. I have been puzzled by references to Unified threads in the WW1 truck restoration posts as I thought that Unified was not introduced until late Forties.

Pedantic is good!  Thanks for that everyone.  I'll compromise  by accepting UNF in that case.  I did have to fill the cooling system with holy water and call the local priest for an exorcism however when I found a metric bolt in the engine compartment.

• Haha 1