Landrover forward control resister ballast

OZITIM

Question

Does anyone have any idea where the resistor ballast for the ignition coil on a landrover forward control is located. Better still, a pic of where yours is located if you have a 101. I’m not getting spark at the points when I start, although I have electricity there and it sparks manually if I put a screwdriver to arc it out. I’m told that it might be due to a wire disconnected from the ballast.. but as much as I have searched, I’ve been unable to locate it. I had spark a couple of weeks ago, i then pulled the distributor out to service it and change points. Now no spark. 

I have the ambulance variant of the 101 

any help, greatly appreciated 

Edited by OZITIM

I agree with Mk3Iain, it's probably something simple, and related to disturbing/removing the distributor. Check the obvious - I don't know how experienced you are with vehicle maintenance, but problems I have seen introduced by inexperienced diy mechanics include: distributor not seated correctly therefore drive dog not engaged ( I once had one where the dog was engaged partially but there was enough play for it to occasionally slip out of mesh and cause the engine to cut out - that one caused some head- scratching!), points gap set on the low point of the cam (when they should be closed), so that they don't close at all, and finally the earth lead from the distributor to the engine block not re-connected.

Worth checking all these, but I apologise if I'm teaching my Grandma to suck eggs!

Incidentally, fitting electronic ignition is not necessarily going to solve the problem if you can't establish where the problem lies.