My bitza shot blast cabinet

johann morris

Afternoon Again,

Several years ago I bought a small shot blast cabinet but as my  projects get bigger, I have out grown it. I  have been looking at larger commercial cabinets but they seem very expensive for a box, so I thought that I would make one. When we bought the house there were several galvanised water tanks around the land which I was tempted to scrap but instead, I  shoved them in a hedge for safe keeping. The larger one is an ideal size, the shot media reservoir is an old bucket welded underneath and the door some 3/4 ply that was left over from another project. I bought the gloves but made the arm hole surrounds from some odd bits of steel. It's all a bit bodge it and scarper but it works really well.

Jon

DSC06622.JPG

DSC06623.JPG

DSC06624.JPG

DSC06625.JPG

• Like 3

Home made equipmment is so satisfying and if it does the job why spend lots of money?

Can I add my home made version to the thread?

I had a great need and no money but I heard about about 2 coffee machine cabinets going for scrap, I nabbed them and one, with castors added, became my welding bench, with storage for all  my welding gear inside.

The other one became my blast cabinet, again with castors, with a window from an oven door and an old outside light for illumination. I did buy the wrong media though, it is too fine, I need to get some glass bead stuff which is what you appear to use.

P1140814.JPG

S5001530.JPG

S5001527.JPG

• Like 1