W&P still selling tickets

I know the subject of cancellations has come up on the Dorset Steam Fair thread - I thought it best to start a new thread.

Just browsing Milweb and was surprised to see a 'new' advert for the W&P show.  I followed the link and the web page says they are monitoring the coronavirus situation.  However they are (or appear to be as I didn't complete the process) still selling tickets.

A quick check of their T&Cs states the following

10. TICKET RETURN, REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
There are no refunds available on any orders.

While I appreciate that this is a commercial event I do feel that to continue selling tickets with a zero refund policy is not playing fair.

I do hope that no more people get stung at this stage......

• Like 2

Hi Nick,

thanks for doing that and posting on this thread and on the other.  I hadn't checked the other thread today and thought it best to start a new one.

I agree it is good that you have had that response, I would just say thought that it wouldn't be difficult to post both the information about awaiting further government clarification and the commitment to a refund on the front of their website where the current statement on COVID 19 is.

Cheers,

Julian

On a slightly different tack, a number of events, military and otherwise, have now been postponed until September.  I have to wonder, even if HMG regulations allow them by then, how many people would turn up anyway?  No-one, especially the organisers, would want to see half empty fields or exhibition halls.  A clean break until next year might be better all round?

Andy

14 minutes ago, andym said:

On a slightly different tack, a number of events, military and otherwise, have now been postponed until September.  I have to wonder, even if HMG regulations allow them by then, how many people would turn up anyway?  No-one, especially the organisers, would want to see half empty fields or exhibition halls.  A clean break until next year might be better all round?

Andy

I'm inclined to think the other way, assuming restrictions have been lifted,  any show that is on would be well attended. Exhibitors will be eager to get to some kind of event, and Joe Public will be desperate to take the kids somewhere because they've spent half the year trapped at home.

2 minutes ago, Zero-Five-Two said:

I'm inclined to think the other way, assuming restrictions have been lifted,  any show that is on would be well attended. Exhibitors will be eager to get to some kind of event, and Joe Public will be desperate to take the kids somewhere because they've spent half the year trapped at home.

Interesting, isn't it?  Both are perfectly valid arguments yet diametrically opposite.  It will all depend on individual perception of risk.

Andy

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I see they have suspended selling tickets.refully monitoring the situation regarding the Covid-19 outbreak and planning the measures needed to ensure the safety of all exhibitors and visitors at the show. TICKET SALES HAVE BEEN PUT ON HOLD once we have more information from the Government we will then look at tickets going back on sale. 

We are carefully monitoring the situation regarding the Covid-19 outbreak and planning the measures needed to ensure the safety of all exhibitors and visitors at the show. TICKET SALES HAVE BEEN PUT ON HOLD once we have more information from the Government we will then look at tickets going back on sale. 

We are carefully monitoring the situation regarding the Covid-19 outbreak and planning the measures needed to ensure the safety of all exhibitors and visitors at the show. TICKET SALES HAVE BEEN PUT ON HOLD once we have more information from the Government we will then look at tickets going back on sale. 

I am of the opinion that all events this year will be cancelled and we should concentrate on doing what we can to ensure we follow guidelines etc and beat this virus in order to have a show season next year.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

The Hop Farm, showground site for the W&P show, which is still closed since lockdown has just ammended its events webpage and has Deleted All forthcoming outdoor events including W&P show,  the first shows to be held there are planned for Oct/Nov 2020

Edited by Nick Johns
  • Like 1

Looks like War and Peace is now officially cancelled for this year, with the Hop Farm pulling the plug being given as the reason 

Edited by G506

From their Facebook page :

IMPORTANT NOTICE!!
The Hop Farm Show Ground has made the decision not to allow the War & Peace Show to take place 2020

It’s with deep sadness we have to inform all the visitors and traders WAP can’t take place .
In True Dunkirk Spirit! We have been working tirelessly over the weeks putting things in place altering formats, revamping the show layout altering visitor attractions endless meetings with our H&S department to enable WAP to meet the ever changing government Guidelines

One thing is for sure we did our very best for you the Traders to put WAP on and keep your business alive.

The Visitor. We are sorry we can’t deliver your fantastic holiday experience!

As for the Media hype “Super Saturday” forgive me if I don’t share this occasion, Business open! YET we can’t trade?

Annie and I would like to thank the support and encouragement from all traders and the wonderful phones calls from all you visitor.

A quote from the Big Man during WW2 (This is our finest Hour!) I’m sorry report this is not our Finest Hour 2020.

A very Sad day

John & Annie – The War & Peace Show

The War & Peace office is currently closed and reopens on Monday the 10th of August. To Defer your ticket or claim a refund please Click here - https://forms.gle/x5EgGVQuWQ4ig2E27

For all enquiries remember being NICE does work when speaking or writing to people - Please be aware we are not able to monitor facebook so please click on the link above to complete the application for refund form.

The War & Peace Show dates for 2021 are July 27th – 31st

The government banned meetings of more than 30 people, but the hopfarm was the one that shut down the show. That tells me quite a lot about the W&P organisers and how money rules, not safety. At least you can get a refund i guess, as a bonus, the toilets are clean this year.

Hi

Just had an e-mail from W&P it is officially Cancelled

Text is "

The Hop Farm Show Ground has made the decision not to allow the War & Peace Show to take place 2020

It’s with deep sadness we have to inform all the visitors and traders WAP can’t take place .

In True Dunkirk Spirit! We have been working tirelessly over the weeks putting things in place altering formats, revamping the show layout altering visitor attractions endless meetings with our H&S department to enable WAP to meet the ever changing government Guidelines

One thing is for sure we did our very best for you the Traders to put WAP on and keep your business alive.

The Visitor. We are sorry we can’t deliver your fantastic holiday experience!

As for the Media hype “Super Saturday” forgive me if I don’t share this occasion, Business open! YET we can’t trade?

Annie and I would like to thank the support and encouragement from all traders and the wonderful phones calls from all you visitor.

A quote from the Big Man during WW2 (This is our finest Hour!) I’m sorry report this is not our Finest Hour 2020.

A very Sad day

John & Annie – The War & Peace Show

Cheers

Richard

It still surprises me that an event this large has taken this long to cancel. With virtually everything else cancelled and restrictions of some kind likely to be in place for the rest of the year I thought the planning would have looked forward to next year.

Hi

I think we all knew that it would be cancelled, it was a case of when; but the organisers probably cancelled at the last minute so that they can claim any cancellation insurance they had. I wonder what they will do about refunds ?

Cheers

Richard

8 minutes ago, Chrisg said:

Where do I find the booking reference number 

It should be on the confirmation email you got Chris when you booked the tickets.

I think they said it starts with TNX but mine just started with #