Blasting and undercoat, bottom half, top will be done mid week. Were  any abbots painted in desert colours? This is the undercoat colour before anyone asks.

99EAF117-33B4-4581-A5FF-F7D671069511.jpeg

8A989DF9-E063-45A9-A313-AF937DDE8889.jpeg

Edited by diesel1

YES(ish)-abbotts were extensively used at BATUS and were painted sand and green to suit the large open prairies. Should be lots of pics out there.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Was meant be short clip of the abbot firing, cannot seem to load video from iphone

Edited by diesel1
Video will not upload
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, diesel1 said:

Was meant be short clip of the abbot firing, cannot seem to load video from iphone

Ah - I wondered if it was just me thinking "what video"?

Andy

Edited by andym
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, always something needs doing.

gmc needs nothing doing to her, just fixed a oil leak from the transfer box on the jeep, cvrt needs a replacement voltage regulator, when its started from cold it over charges the batteries until I hit the regulator with a hammer then it's ok.

Abbot has been restored over the last few months, pack was lifted, new fuel injector pipe fitted as one had necked off at the injector.

bought a tidy 434 with 76 hours on the pack 2-3 weeks ago, was very please to find I could change the engine oil filters without pulling the pack out due to there been a inspection type plate inside the hull.

Andrew