Unit Identification Please, says he hopefully

Surveyor

I have just bought some bits and pieces for the 9x9 tent, they have unit markings on them and I wonder if anyone can help in identifying them, I suspect that anything saying "b Coy" or similar is not any help.

The paper I think has the unit crest mirrored, which I think strange.

All keep safe in these times

Richard

IMG_20200401_002328.jpg

IMG_20200401_155300.jpg

IMG_20200401_155303.jpg

IMG_20200401_002314.jpg

The centaur with VII underneath may be 7 Air Defence Group RA.  Years ago it would have been the insignia of 7th AGRA, but that was disbanded well before that piece of paper was printed.  Why the badge of the Coldstream Guards (reversed) is on there as well, though, is mysterious.  125 Field Company, may be a REME sub-unit.  F Company should be Scots Guards - with the RLC (Logistic with no "s") AOS sign having been added by the RLC cooks, perhaps,  and B Company - well could be anything, as you say - most non-mounted units will have a B company of some sort.  But, sadly, I'm not certain of any of them - others may be able to give more certain answers.

10 68

Edited by 10FM68

Gents thanks for the answers I was curios why the image was reversed the paper was in the oven for a MK 5 stove, I have no idea and need to lokk when they came in and out of service

Having looked again at the crown that's for a male monarch not a female, so that may mean before 1952 I think, would that be normal?

Edited by Surveyor

I'm sure that is the English crown, normally seen as British.  The other common one is the Scottish crown which is a lot flatter, and found on things like Telephone Boxes ( remember them? ) in Scotland

3 minutes ago, Gordon_M said:

I'm sure that is the English crown, normally seen as British.  The other common one is the Scottish crown which is a lot flatter, and found on things like Telephone Boxes ( remember them? ) in Scotland

As Clive said, the queens crown has a dip in the middle, the kings does not. You only have to look at cap badges pre and post Coronation (1952).

See attached...

crowns.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Richard, learned something new there. The Scottish crown, found on Letter Boxes and Telephone Boxes north of the border, is different again.

1200px-Heraldic_Royal_Crown_of_Scotland.svg.png

Edited by Gordon_M