Fordson WOT6

1 hour ago, 67burwood said:

And just to add insult to injury my wife sticks her head out the window, smiles and utters those words “ is it broken “  As you can imagine the reply can’t be posted on this blog 😬

Not broken... just re-positioned and re-shaped 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 67burwood said:

Absolutely fantastic thank you so much, I wonder if mine appears in the road side line up. Do you know where and when they might have been taken?

Photo taken at car park Ratinghen in 1945  trucks of 501 Coy, the photo just shows a few of the trucks the rest are CMP trucks not in the photo.

Keith

Edited by Morris C8

Original photo from my collection The BAOR mobilised former pow soldiers into the German Civil Labour Organisation (GCLO) on some of the trucks [ 502,  529 ]  . This provided paid work and accommodation for thousands of men. By late 1947, over 50,0000 Germans were employed as labourers, drivers, mechanics and in many other roles. In 1948-49, the GCLO played a major part in supporting the Allied effort during the Berlin Airlift.

Norton mc bike.jpg

Edited by Morris C8
  • Like 2

ZERO!!!!!!!!!! ......... the down side of working on your driveway , bad weather and short winter evenings coupled together with work being busy, lockdowns, COVID and isolation... the project has currently stalled for the moment.........

Sounds like making excuses to me, lack of moral fibre an' all that 😁!!

On a serious note, did it get damaged when the tent blew away?  Buying a new tent is easy, a bent cab top or something could be a disaster.

1 hour ago, Zero-Five-Two said:

Sounds like making excuses to me, lack of moral fibre an' all that 😁!!

On a serious note, did it get damaged when the tent blew away?  Buying a new tent is easy, a bent cab top or something could be a disaster.

More weetabix required!!

The cab is undamaged and luckily so was my van.

29 minutes ago, Hair Bear said:

Maybe you need to get swmbo to agree to a tent repair, then repair it with 5 tons of RSJs and a truckload of insulated cladding.

I like your thinking but may have to move house first.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Trooper 3/9 RAAC said:

Lovely work a credit to you.

pardon my ignorance but what does WOT stand for & the number 6?

Pierre

Thank you Pierre, hopefully work will re-commence in the next few weeks. 

WOT stands for War Office Truck and 6 is its model number.