Stone crusher

Hi . My first post . I have recently bought an oldish ex army ( I believe ) stone crusher . I’m looking to date it and see if I can find any of its history. I’m new to military stuff but I’ve restored a lot of vintage machinery. I have 2 pieces of information. One is the reg plate :           02 CP 69

The other is another plate that says 

Registered W.D. Number 

CUS / 702495

Can anyone help with any information or point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance . 
Dave 

45 minutes ago, Dave Armstrong said:

Hi . My first post . I have recently bought an oldish ex army ( I believe ) stone crusher . I’m looking to date it and see if I can find any of its history. I’m new to military stuff but I’ve restored a lot of vintage machinery. I have 2 pieces of information. One is the reg plate :           02 CP 69

The other is another plate that says 

Registered W.D. Number 

CUS / 702495

Can anyone help with any information or point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance . 
Dave 

You could contact the Royal Engineers Museum at Chatham, with the army number 02CP69, but at this present time I suspect the museum will be closed.

regards, Richard

Going on a listing of RE construction equipment from 1968, the following crushers in service then were;

Parker Rockranger No.1 and No.2

Goodwin Barsby Goliath

Parker Eubit 2

Marsden F

Pegson AX122  and AX126

Parker Monarch

These range 25/50 tons per hour down to 4/5 tons ph. What engine is fitted?

• 3 weeks later...

You may struggle trying to find much in the way of history for it.  Construction Plant Equipment like your crusher wouldn't normally get assigned to a unit in the same way as a "B" vehicle would have done.

It would have been kept in one of the reserves such as CERP at Long Marston or CARP at Willich (BAOR).  Any unit having a requirement would take it out on loan in much the same way as a civilian builder would rent a machine from his local plant hire company. 

Loans to units would be recorded in the machines Plant Record Book AB446, but I don't think these were retained like a "B" vehicle record.