Free Victor bomber

draganm

if you use a commercial firm it will cost significant amounts of cash, to do it I need a number of volunteers and a number of knowledgeable paid staff and some of my own team.....but transport costs will always be big crane hire a pain but all in all not too bad...

44 minutes ago, paulob1 said:

if you use a commercial firm it will cost significant amounts of cash, to do it I need a number of volunteers and a number of knowledgeable paid staff and some of my own team.....but transport costs will always be big crane hire a pain but all in all not too bad...

What sort of volunteer do you need?

Im a serving aircraft engineer so familiar with stripping them but not au fait with V Bombers (a little before my time).

On 3/14/2020 at 9:02 AM, wally dugan said:

From what l have read on this subject the victor is only a shell so there  are no major  internals to  remove from and refit inside as some one  who has been involved in the dismantling of a very large aircraft and its rebuild and care  l can tell you that the costs involved was not any where near the figures quoted and the BLACKBURN BEVERLEY was the subject to a lot of  theft  of parts before it came to the museum  l also would like to say that because there are a few still in museums if we had taken that stance of the past how many vehicles would have survived to day and been around 

l cannot give you a break down because there were a number of facts to be taken into the equation  one a large willing volunteer base two people who know how to do the job  three how to get things for nothing by using the things  you need like transport and cranage  free all this was done when the Beverley was first moved to Beverley a case of not what you know but who you know. Most important are well organized volunteers  a fact over looked by some museums  staff who see them a threat  and not a valuable asset   and in my case the brass neck to knock on company doors and ask for help not for the first time the HAMILCAR  was also done like that the transport company not only supplied the transport but the crane  down in Hampshire and Beverley and were/are based in Lincolnshire  all for free  one driving fact in all this is the museum of army transport never had enough money  l was once told shy babies get now't

20 hours ago, wally dugan said:

l was once told shy babies get now't

Sadly Wally, these days its usually poor babies get nowt.

20 hours ago, Jessie The Jeep said:

Can you get REME involved in this? I know that locally, they've done vehicle moves for collectors as training exercises.

The RAF Museum previously used Crash and Smash for aircraft movements, but in more recent years it's been done by commercial firms.  

I think crash and smash are getting expensive for the RAF now as well as busy. A mate of mine was there for a long time and has a high number of days under his LSA belt.

but they were involved in the Raspberry Ripple GR1 move a few years back before they called in JetArt so you never know.