AFV marking

Cornishbloke

Question

Hi

I'm looking to finish the markings on my Scorpion. It represents a vehicle from C Sqn 4RTR in the early eighties.  I cannot find any information about the divisional number seen on the front / rear.  The format is 2/10 or something like that in 2 inch white/grey.

Does anyone have any information?

Many thanks

Richard

1 answer to this question

7 hours ago, Cornishbloke said:

Hi

I'm looking to finish the markings on my Scorpion. It represents a vehicle from C Sqn 4RTR in the early eighties.  I cannot find any information about the divisional number seen on the front / rear.  The format is 2/10 or something like that in 2 inch white/grey.

Does anyone have any information?

Many thanks

Richard

If I remember in this format 2/10, first number (2) is the Div number, and the second number (10) is the ID number for the regiment within that Div. I have no Idea what the regiments role was, I'm assuming as it is a fairly small number, they were an armoured regiment and the Scorpion was in their recce troop.We, 15/19 H were in BAOR 1979-86, ours was 3/45, as we were 3rd Div Armoured Recce Regiment.

• Like 2