Strange jeep seat

grey on top

Hi,

Can anyone help identify this rear seat for a willys jeep. It is not original but I have never come across a seat with no swaging in the seat base or on the rear backrest frame the cross member is round tube the same size as the rest of the frame. Is it Hotchkiss, is it repro? I think it is at least 30 years old. Has anyone ever come across a seat like this?

thanks for your help

rear seat.02.jpeg

rear seat.01.jpeg

seatimage4.jpeg

seatimage2.jpeg

seatimage1.jpeg

13 minutes ago, grey on top said:

I don't think is it home repaired, the welds are very very neat. The interesting thing is the round cross tube in the seat back. ai'm guess I might be repro but strange in that all repros I have ever seen are a much better copy and pay attention to detail.

Thanks for the reply

The were jeep body kits coming in from the Philipines about 40 years ago with no real details to them, nothing to make them recognisable as Willys or Ford and no one seemed bothered then, just get it on and use it. I remember a friend buying one at that time. Could be one of them.

On 1/21/2020 at 6:12 PM, Richard Farrant said:

The were jeep body kits coming in from the Philipines about 40 years ago with no real details to them, nothing to make them recognisable as Willys or Ford and no one seemed bothered then, just get it on and use it. I remember a friend buying one at that time. Could be one of them.

Those were the Genmarc bodies. The firm’s name was a contraction of General Marcos. I guess their primary intended use was for jeepney taxis.

• 2 months later...