Ex Army MAN SV Registration

Hello, been on this site before but login forgotten so new one.

We have just bought a MAN SV 6t from the MOD. Have the FORM D-DISC-O Date into Service cert which replaces the old FORM 654.

Am i assuming the V55/5 is to be filled out to register this on the road? It goes on about Certificate of Conformity which i assume the manufacturer, in this case MAN, can supply?

I have contacted them but i have got the usual  "your enquiry is registered and will be answered......bla bla".

With paperwork sorted, would it then need a MOT test/check prior to registration?

Thanks in advance for help.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably a good idea to contact the Heavy goods team as DVSA as you'll need to book a "first" MOT/plating, which when i did it for a Unimog was quite an involved job in itself! as you cant book a slot without the vehicle having a "Plate" so they had to issue us with a temporary plating then we could book the MOT slot. The MOT will need to be done before DVSA registration.

Once we had made the initial contact with the heavy good team they were very helpful. 

See this thread, I expect it will be the same for you.

Although I did not expect it, the plating cert(VTG 7A and VTG 6A)  turned up a few weeks later, done as part of the first test.

Iain

Edited by Mk3iain
A bit more..

Cheers for replies. We have a good relationship with MAN from our commercial side of life so i have a type of Certificate of Conformity from them. As this will be a prototype vehicle we have trade plates if needed but we want to get it registered just to make it easier.