Pte Isaacs A Coy RAOC Egypt

robin craig

So, we need to set the scene a bit. My friend Paul Isaacs is another transplanted Brit living not far from me. We both share a love of things mechanical and we both are involved with the Cold War Collection based out of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Paul has over all responsibility for the collection and I am a volunteer. I was at his house a while ago, well maybe 2 years ago, saw a photo album and asked to look through it. I saw all these amazing photos from a time long ago.

I asked Paul if I could reproduce them and share them, he was happy for me to do so. I have been stymied for how to do this for a while as the pictures are secured into the album with glue and are brittle. Recently my work phone was changed for an I phone and the camera is wonderful. If you saw how small these prints are you would understand.

I know nothing about the vehicles in the pictures, I just recognise that it is important to share them. If you wish to use them elsewhere please ensure Paul Isaacs gets the credit and let me know. If you fail to do so and I find them I might be grumpy.

Pte Isaacs is pictured beside his mom before going to Egypt. All the other photos may or may not be Pte Isaacs, he took many photos of his mates on vehicles and some may have him in them but I cant say for sure

I hope you enjoy them and that these spark discussion, I have a quite a few to put up.

isaacs001.jpg

isaacs002.jpeg

isaacs003.jpeg

isaacs004.jpeg

• Like 2

HI ROBIN  it appears that the number on the land rover starts  10 BH if so it is a mark 2 from the contract 6//v/7711 CAT  NUMBER 8  the registration  numbers 01 BH 01 TO 19 BH 00  the early land rovers from the BC SERIES TO BH  did have semaphore style trafficators fitted

wally

☺️

15 hours ago, john1950 said:

I wonder if Bluebell is watching this thread develop, Please keep the pictures coming.

BlueBelle ..... she watches! This is the most interesting thread for ....... Egypt! There, you thought I was going to say "ages". Great when stuff like this comes to light and gets posted here. Thanks. 

• Like 1

Interesting photos. Got a date for them? The tanks are a Cromwell (Reg 27ZR10) - probably a MkIV and a Centurion MkIII. The Universal Carriers on the railway flatbeds & I think it's an M3A1 Scout Car, he's sat on the bonnet of. 

On 12/9/2019 at 12:24 AM, robin craig said:

So, we need to set the scene a bit. My friend Paul Isaacs is another transplanted Brit living not far from me. We both share a love of things mechanical and we both are involved with the Cold War Collection based out of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Paul has over all responsibility for the collection and I am a volunteer. I was at his house a while ago, well maybe 2 years ago, saw a photo album and asked to look through it. I saw all these amazing photos from a time long ago.

I asked Paul if I could reproduce them and share them, he was happy for me to do so. I have been stymied for how to do this for a while as the pictures are secured into the album with glue and are brittle. Recently my work phone was changed for an I phone and the camera is wonderful. If you saw how small these prints are you would understand.

I know nothing about the vehicles in the pictures, I just recognise that it is important to share them. If you wish to use them elsewhere please ensure Paul Isaacs gets the credit and let me know. If you fail to do so and I find them I might be grumpy.

Pte Isaacs is pictured beside his mom before going to Egypt. All the other photos may or may not be Pte Isaacs, he took many photos of his mates on vehicles and some may have him in them but I cant say for sure

I hope you enjoy them and that these spark discussion, I have a quite a few to put up.

isaacs001.jpg

isaacs002.jpeg

isaacs003.jpeg

isaacs004.jpeg

I think the Trucks may be Austin K5s

• 2 weeks later...

Robin, hi,

Just spoken to Richard F who pointed me in your direction. Dingo 30ZS53 is indeed mine and has been since the early 70s. When I originally cleaned it up there was sand coloured paint below the green and your photo explains why. The car is still in good running order and I was out in it only just before Christmas.

That's the first and only photo that I've ever seen of it during its military service so if you could get me a better repro pic that would be fantastic.

Richard Miller

• Like 1