Blue prints Factory drawings Cruiser A13 Mk3 tank

BC312

Trying to find Blue prints, factory construction drawings what ever the correct term is of the Cruiser A13 Mk3 tank. Did try Bovington but it seems their email system is either down or very slow, used to get a quick response. Any other place i can get them from?

Considering Bovington is a world renowned Museum, their web site, IT is sh.t. I would resend the email, then ring to confirm that they have received it. I was on the point of writing them a letter and putting it in the post out of shear exasperation.

I sometimes wonder have they forgotten why they exist and are more interested in  their public profile.

Jon

• Like 1

I can remember about 10 or 20 years ago you could ring Bovington, the IWM or any other museum and they would have dedicated staff who knew their subject and would pin point exactly what they had in their collection and if they didn't, they knew who had it. These days they take on graduates from the universities who have no interest or knowledge of the type of subject material and you have to explain in detail what you are after or basically give them a short history lesson to get to the point of what you need. It seems the trend with the big museums that they take on  highly qualified curators and archivists and librarians who's subject qualification doesn't relate to the subject material of the establishment and who will move on to another better paid job than take on someone  who knows their subject with a passion with no university degree. It does make you wonder the type of people running and looking after such collections. Don't worry  I will pester the S****out of them but if i can find an alternative that would be better than crawling under a tank all day at a museum with a tape musure. 

I agree volunteers are worth their weight in gold as they do it with a passion not unlike the over qualified ones who are paid who have their interests elsewhere, its just an ordinary job they would most probably move away from if a better opportunity came along. Don't mean to be negative but thats the reality in some cases if not most. 

I do not know if you have  thought of the BMIHT at GAYDON archives they have some of the NUFFIELD MECHANIZATIONS archives and some times its not the obvious  place that may hold what you are looking for

As to museums as  some one who worked in one and dealt with archive enquiries  I have to agree with the above comments things have changed  not for the better in military museums on a visit to a collection l pointed out that a exhibit was label wrong as a fuel tanker and not a water bowser the person  there basically  said we are the  experts on things military to which l pointed out that if he or someone cared to take time to read the back he would see written drinking water only also l was the person  who gifted it to them  and l then left 

Edited by wally dugan