Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Spartan CVRT wiring in the back a complete mess. I have several documents none of which have wiring diagrams for the cabling :) 

I am sorting out the wiring 1 wire at a time. Issues like a wire going through 2 connectors means fun...

Now I am playing with the cupola and have the brush box with no cables and no wiring diagram I am buzzing wires out to see which pins are going to what.

Now does anyone know where I can get any information or diagrams.  I also need to know if anyone does the connectors I have found a couple at "The Xmod Ltd" but at £25

I was wondering if anyone knew where I might source cheaper.

Thanks in advanced

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 10:06 PM, sirhc said:

Lance,

if you know how many of which type of connector (no of pins etc) I can see what I can find amongst the wiring I have from stripped vehicles.

Chris

Hi Chris,

If you can help in anyway of course I will be further in your debt.

All are the same type as I posted a picture of :)

1 x 2 pin female O/D   15mm

4 x 3 pin female O/D 15mm

1 x 10 pin male O/D 28mm

1 x 5 pin male  O/D 21mm

Cheers Lance

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 months later...

Hi, Still working my way around bits fixing where i can, but i need a connector to fit the comanders periscope No 62 Mk1 on my Spartan. I have enclosed a picture of the connector on the periscope but I need the the cupola feed side. If any one has one, or a part number or knows where i can get the conector to make my own cable up

Also noticed on my drawings it mentions the positive feed on Pin A it in reality it appears to be on pin 2 :)

 

thumbnail_image2.thumb.jpg.a8fa5d7d8ad18afb79366130e4cb91ea.jpgthumbnail_image1.thumb.jpg.496e909eed6a0756043cbf7702b690f8.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, sirhc said:

Hi Lance,

I’ve had 3 Spartans and none of them had anything plugged in there.

Chris

So power goes in the 3 pin socket on the other side of the scope? and if so do you know which pin is live and which is earth?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SirLanceUK said:

So power goes in the 3 pin socket on the other side of the scope? and if so do you know which pin is live and which is earth?

Yes & not without checking, but I’d assume pin A is live.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SirLanceUK said:

So power goes in the 3 pin socket on the other side of the scope? and if so do you know which pin is live and which is earth?

Not sure if you have a wiring diagram for the cupola, but this may be useful to you.

Spartan electrics.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Richard Farrant said:

Not sure if you have a wiring diagram for the cupola, but this may be useful to you.

Spartan electrics.jpg

Thank you Richard, I do have that one unfortunatly there is no part numbers on the diagram and i have already made the mistake of the wrong connector :)

Hopefully if the weather is better i will take another look at the existing wiring and see what i can see

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the pictures, isn't that just a heater/demister?  That may explain why Chris hasn't seen one plugged up before?

Andy

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well after going across to my Spartan for lots of other things and despite getting distracted by various people I have actuallty found the wiring loom for the cupola and sure enough there is a plug in the right position to plug in to the 3 pin socket on the periscope, and now thanks to Andy we know what that plug might be used for other than just a place where lots of wires get joined together.

Another step forward.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SirLanceUK said:

Well after going across to my Spartan for lots of other things and despite getting distracted by various people I have actuallty found the wiring loom for the cupola and sure enough there is a plug in the right position to plug in to the 3 pin socket on the periscope, and now thanks to Andy we know what that plug might be used for other than just a place where lots of wires get joined together.

Another step forward.

 

The heater.demister is an element around the sight eyepiece,  (which gets pretty hot)
The plug to the right is the connection for the oft not seen commanders night sight.
Diana

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Diana and Jackie, someone did suggest that to me.

Sirhc, I have the item on the left and have seen the item On the right place in a picture.. 

not sure l see how they actually fit together, or it to the periscope but I am sure I will see one complete and fitted on my travels 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, SirLanceUK said:

Thank you Diana and Jackie, someone did suggest that to me.

Sirhc, I have the item on the left and have seen the item On the right place in a picture.. 

not sure l see how they actually fit together, or it to the periscope but I am sure I will see one complete and fitted on my travels 

The tube on the left fits in the same place as the night sight and allows you to see through the sight using the mirror. The night sight itself can be damaged by daylight. They do turn up occasionally, I’ve had a few.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...