Brake shoes

Pete Ashby

Looking for recommendations for a company (name, turn round time and an idea of cost would be useful)

to reline an axle set of riveted brake linings  15 1/2" long,  1 3/4" wide by 1/4" thick or alternatively a source of just linings and I'll rivet them my self.

thanks

Pete

• Like 1

Pete

I have used Nutexa Frictions up here on the Wirral, they were very obliging when we needed linings for a Gaz that had oversize drums following scimming due to bad scoring. Would be worth a phone call. 0151 632 5903. They have been in the business since the sixties and make linings for coaches and trucks etc.

Best regards

John

5 hours ago, Pete Ashby said:

Looking for recommendations for a company (name, turn round time and an idea of cost would be useful)

to reline an axle set of riveted brake linings  15 1/2" long,  1 3/4" wide by 1/4" thick or alternatively a source of just linings and I'll rivet them my self.

thanks

Pete

Hi Pete.

I know a lot of people on this forum including myself use Saftek. They do soft lining's that really stop you.

https://saftek.co.uk/friction-products-for-classic-vehicles-and-race-applications/

I've had my Humber Heavy Utility, Morris C8 & Ariel WNG done by them & their turnaround is less that a week every time.