Air Publication 2515A "MT Vehicles Complete"

RAFMT

I recently had some time to spare at work, so I thought I'd run AP2515A Vol.III, Mechanical Transport Vehicles Complete, dated May 1946 through the scanner. It essentially lists all of the MT vehicles, trailers and associated bodies, in use with the RAF at the time. Interestingly, some of the chassis/complete vehicles have the contract numbers listed and for many of those the chassis number ranges covered by each contract are included.

Also included at the end is the first amendment list, from January 1947. 

If it's of interest, we also have the second edition of May '52 and the fifth edition from April '64 

Apologies if there is a better place to put this.

AP2515A 1946.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/4/2019 at 10:33 PM, fv1609 said:

Thank you that's an excellent contribution. Um if you have any spare time on your hands 5th edition would I'm sure hold many gems of info : )

You had to go and pick the thicker of the two Clive!

I'll try and get it done over the next couple of weeks.

30 minutes ago, LarryH57 said:

Interesting that the Austin K2 Ambulance is listed but with reference to Page 13 - where it is not listed !

Also no mention of an Austin Tilly (as expected).

Im sure I spotted Citroen in my first viewing but cannot find it now in the list!

Austin heavy ambulance (ie. K2)  is listed on page 13

RAF used Hillman and Standard utilities

3 hours ago, LarryH57 said:

On Page 13 - Citroen, made a 6 ton GS body. For what vehicle I wonder and why Citroen?

Citroen cars slough  were also involved in the manufacture/ modification of the bodys for the Bedford MWR radio trucks and the assembling of vehicles imported as kits from Canada (drive to victory a catalogue of canadian military vehicles has them assembling 70,000 trucks )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...