Albion CX22s

Davie

Just found picture of two ALBIONS at early IMPS show at TETENTERDEN.Never seen it again ?

Hi Tony,

I do remember this one, it used to do the local shows in East Sussex and Kent and if my memory serves me correctly, it was at that time owned by Nick Haywood, who lived just over the border in East Sussex.

Richard

Hi Dave could this one be yours ?

I don't think so Tony, It's obviously the same colour but I've sanded down the panel where it says 24 hour recovery and there is no sign of any writing. Also if you enlarge your photo it can be seen that the windscreens are one piece of glass. mine still had the split screens when I got it.

Cheers, Davie.

• 11 months later...
Just found a couple more Albion shots, taken by Sandy McNeil some years ago. The first is at Biggar again. The second was taken at Bo'ness steam railway workshops. It's not there now, anyone have any idea where she went?

To All

Glad to report Albion in a good home and peacefully passed onto Mr Alan Galt via original owners for restoration. Originally thought it was taken wthout any info but the dorks at the Sqn where it was sitting never passed on anything so that I could get our records to him, this will now be resolved and apologies to Mr Galt and others who had entirely honourable intentions.

Gary Wallace

Edited by gazzaw
wrong original information

Dear All

Now becoming clearer and vehicle was uplifted for restoration by Alan Galt via the original owner, although a lot of this info was never passed although it was recorded by our local Sqn it came about from a third party. I am relieved that is has not been stolen and it has gone to a good home.

Will update when I get more info and initial fears of movement unaware to myself, who is holding the records and photos (passed on from original custodian) for past 20 years have been resolved. I will contact Mr Galt and offer him copies of all our records.

The problems arose because the local Sqn, with no interest in vehicle restoration, were happy to get rid of it and the solution was presented when the original owner asked Mr Galt to take it over and it was subsequently taken away. All of this was never passed onto others who were interested in its well-being .

Gary

Edited by gazzaw
updated info

• 3 years later...

davie just been reading your posts

very interesting

thought i would send yuo the pics of my two albions

just started on the yellow one

owned these 20 years or so

paul

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55080[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]55081[/ATTACH]

AH Yes finally more albion pics..........Welcome to the form:laugh:

O .....what state are your mudguards in.......had a heck of a job with mine.

• 2 years later...
A CX22 in Grampian region for sale, running needs full restoration - with another for spares available. Advert in this month's OLD GLORY.

Sounds like the ex Dave Lees ones, see http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?7857-Albion-CX22/page4&highlight=cx22 post #40 and others.

If it is, last time I saw it, it was a good running machine, Dave drove it from here to Dorset Steam Fair and back a few years ago. The speed was just to much for him so he bought a steam roller. He had the Albions up for sale but ended up doing a swap for a living van for the roller, to slow him down a bit more.

Sounds like the ex Dave Lees ones... Dave drove it from here to Dorset Steam Fair and back a few years ago. The speed was just to much for him so he bought a steam roller. ....

:rofl::rofl: Yes, the photo in OG looks to be of Dave's CX22.