Austin K2Y ambulance

Higgins kpt.

1 hour ago, wally dugan said:

the square brass plate shown in your reply to Rupert first picture  in the reply from you 2 hours ago if it helps its the plate with the letters MTRS and looks like under this BW 3? -its the number that not clear

Hi Wally,

I had a go at enlarging the photo and thought it was 38, which tends to point at 38 Base Workshops at Chilwell.

Hi Tom

Ok the large brass plate is the post war rego plate.

-- YP 49  registration

the chassis no on this plate should be the same as the chassis no. on the chassis

but appears to be stamped  75393    I have to note the first 3 is in a different font,

not unusual for there to be a mistake here.

So I think they meant 75293

So Chassis no. 75293  WD No. A5850193, contract S.3165  30th April 1943, starting March 1944 .

Chassis no. 74701-75577,  A5849601-5851100 .

you Have A1782244 which is a wartime rebuilt no.

-- YP 49 is the post 1949 WD No. if you enter this into the Royal logistics Corps.

web site,(pay 30 pounds) you will get a key card or two, that may give you a bit more info or not.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Ian L said:

Ha Ha correct Richard,  but I wish there was tben I could stop the leak om my K5. Any ideas or a mod that will stop the leak ? Thanks.

Ian,

Suspect the rear main bearing cap and rear cover on the block (above the cap) have not had the care and attention on assembly.

I have rebuilt many of these Austin engines and never had a problem.

Hi,

Engine rear bearing cap has two cork strips down the side as a face seal, should check they go all the way down, As this bearing housing is the end of the line for the oil flow should check the oil pipe is clear, and the correct shell bearing fitted.

Great job on the Ambo.

just note Czech  nos allotted in UK,

1278563-1283562, 

this site still come up not secure so I am not visiting much.

regs

rupert

• 2 weeks later...