Do you reconise this photo ?

Ian L

5 hours ago, Surveyor said:

If you have taken 63 from the photograph this may not be the page number but the photograph number

Yes I think your right now I've looked again, the 63 is in the wrong place for a page number ?

Ian,

I tried a google search of the text but nothing showed up 

However I have a lot of RAF Vehicles and trailer photos from WW2 so I will search. The photo below is the one you mention at Bungay. I guess that if it dates from pre-war the RAF Blue Grey is the correct colour for it?

Larry

81.JPG

Edited by LarryH57

5 hours ago, LarryH57 said:

Ian,

I tried a google search of the text but nothing showed up 

However I have a lot of RAF Vehicles and trailer photos from WW2 so I will search. The photo below is the one you mention at Bungay. I guess that if it dates from pre-war the RAF Blue Grey is the correct colour for it?

Larry

81.JPG

Hi Larry yes I've seen that one at the museum, thats where the photo came from but they cant remember which book it came from.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 6:07 PM, Ian L said:

I'm trying to locate the book this photo came from ? the only clue I have is its page 63 & some text.

Aircompressor trolly & wellington Bomber.jpg

I've now contacted the person that originally posted this photo on my restoration thread but he cant remember which book it came from but he thinks its a Lancaster book as he resides in 'Bomber Country'

Ian,

Its very frustrating looking for a photo you have seen before but cannot recall. Obviously here needs to be a reason why a Wellington Mk. X would be in a Lancaster book. Perhaps a crash at an OTU before the person went on ops.

Sadly nothing in my library 

2 hours ago, MatchFuzee said:

Was the book in a museum? If it was it may still be on display and therefore worth you contacting the museum for the book's title. 

Hi Guy no, Tim owns the book & I'm hoping he's going to look through them all for me ?