Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

May 2020, Chassis in primer. We had the chassis sandblasted and painted around five months ago now, the sandblaster's did do a nice job, but there were a few paint runs in it that we needed to ge

This weekend we managed to get the chassis into daylight to get some paint on it, hopefully soon we will start to put parts back on. 

Dec 2019, Chassis off to sand blaster's.  

Posted Images

Bare chassis! November 2019.

Spent some time removing a welded on section that shouldn't be there, also straightened parts of the chassis which had been hit from behind in it's life, was easier to do this before we removed the axles. We are very lucky that we have a crane on site to help with lifting the chassis. The chassis will  be sandblasted and painted within the next couple of weeks, and this leaves us time and and area to work on the axles and springs. Once it gets too cold work will end until the Spring time as we are working mostly outside!

The following picture's speak for themselves.

nov3.JPG

nov1.JPG

nov10.JPG

nov11.JPG

nov12.JPG

nov13.JPG

nov14.JPG

nov15.JPG

nov16.JPG

nov17.JPG

nov5.JPG

nov6.JPG

nov7.JPG

nov9.JPG

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Have done nothing as we are unable to access the truck for obvious reasons at the moment. These pics were taken a few weeks ago before lock down. Stripping front axle, trunion bearings need replacing and felt seals too, three of four of the brake linings were in really good condition but totally soaked in oil! Any ideas where to buy the felt seals please?

 

100_2802.JPG

100_2804.JPG

100_2807.JPG

100_2810.JPG

100_2811.JPG

100_2793 (1).JPG

100_2797.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

May 2020, Chassis in primer.

We had the chassis sandblasted and painted around five months ago now, the sandblaster's did do a nice job, but there were a few paint runs in it that we needed to get out, so we did this and decided for extra protection to red oxide. We started off with a brush around the many rivets and hard to get to places, and then used a foam roller which gave a nice finish, when we do the top coat we will use a spray gun.

 

 

P1010002.JPG

P1010010.JPG

P1010013.JPG

P1010015.JPG

P1010016.JPG

 

P1010017.JPG

Edited by Cushman 53
wrong picture
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

All shackle bushes and spring leaves are in good condition, taken back to bare metal then red oxide then olive drab. We are going to renew rebound clip bolts and we are waiting for the spring center bolts to be machined then we can reassemble the springs. Rear springs are not in such good condition! 

 

100_2837.JPG

100_2839.JPG

100_2840.JPG

100_2841.JPG

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...