What's this?

Mk3iain

11 minutes ago, MatchFuzee said:

British Army 58 Pattern Radio Accessories Bag:-

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F264303416274

The NSN is still listed with the description - Bag, cotton duck.

Thank you!

I have loads of what I suppose are later pattern accessory bags but just one of this type.

Good to know

Cheers

Iain

5 hours ago, ianhc said:

There should be two of these per frame, one radio bag, one antenna bag and if memory serves me right a spare battery bag.

Thanks Ian

What do you mean by frame?

looking at the manuals for various PRC they have one bag for all the bits and bobs, no mention of spare batteries etc.

Also this is very different from the other Clansman accessory bags with no carry straps and a clip on the front face like a webbing main pack.

Iain

Historical Item on Inventory:-

DMC: 10D

NSN: 8105-99-102-7949

Item Name: BAG,COTTON DUCK

Description: 18.32OZ SQ YD,OLIVE DRAB,NOT PROOFED,14IN LG,5IN W,8IN H

First Issued On: RADIO STATION R 41/42 WAR OFFICE

Don't know why it has DMC 10D, this is for Air Stores ie.  10 D Radio & radar, modulators, panels, receivers, transmitters etc.Also R41/42 not A41/42.

Hi

The manpack system was for the A41/42, not sure where the R41/42 comes from. As a young Radio Technician I was responsible for the maintenance of said equipment and indeed after much argument  carried one to spell the Battery Signaler during jungle training in 1965 on deployment with an Artillery Regiment to Borneo.

All manpacks at that time were classified an A in the equipment Range, A40, A41/42 A13, A14 A43R.

Ian