Hunstanton Military Weekend

eggsc8

Well our first Military Weekend at Hunstanton Norfolk has been successfully conclude so as one of the organizers I would like to thank all of you that attended one or more days , The weekend was a great success , I must give a special thank you to Harold Payne of the Anglia Motel Fleet Hargate for bringing so much of his Military collection including his newly restored DUKW and his 432 pulling a Russian anti aircraft gun that was liberated from the Iraq forces in the Gulf war and the Veterans that were in attendance .  Also I would like to thank the many members of the Norfolk Military Vehicle Group and The lads with the desert camp and the V8 Landrovers and the owners of the Scammels , Our thanks also go to all the entertainers  including three singers and a pipe band and the traders and charity stalls and the Axis Reenactors and lastly the general public whose generosity in the collecting buckets and on the tombola and buying poppies made the event the success that it was . Do not forget to come to the September do , Ask people that were there you will not be disappointed , Paul.

• 3 weeks later...

The July Hunstanton Military Weekend raised a fantastic  £4000 This total was made up of money raised by people climbing aboard the DUKW and going inside the FV 432 Also from poppy sales and a really big tombola  and contributions from traders and stalls and of course the many collection buckets around the event  ,Again I must thank all those that supported the event and look forward to seeing you all at the September do , Also anyone else that would like to come