Clansman Testing Equipment

Surveyor

1 hour ago, REME 245 said:

I believe there are manuals available on e-bay and the description of this example states power is drawn from the radio being tested.   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLANSMAN-MILITARY-RADIO-TEST-KIT-FOR-FIELD-USE-GWO/312226864215?hash=item48b22bdc57:g:Qx0AAOxywCJRah4z

Thanks Have been donated 129 Clansman manuals, no titles only reference so looking

1 hour ago, andym said:

It's also covered in Chapter 4 of Infantry Pamphlet No. 41 Part 4 if you can find a copy.

1 hour ago, andym said:

It's also covered in Chapter 4 of Infantry Pamphlet No. 41 Part 4 if you can find a copy.

Will try and find a copy, many thanks

Richard,

Here's how to obtain a copy of the pamphlet which andym mentioned (reposted from my reply from the power distribution box thread)

,For a complete reference for Clansman equipment search online for 'UK PRC 320 infantry signal training pdf',  the search results should include a link called 'File: UK-PRC 320 Infantry Signal Training pdf - RadioNerds' which is the Infantry Signal Training Pamphlet 41 Part 4 Equipment and its Operation (Clansman) which covers radios and ancillaries, batteries and chargers, basic vehicle installation and harness, test kits, antennas and masts.'

It's all you really need for basic testing, in addition to the tables inside TKC lid, and test frequencies - let me know what radios you have and I will provide these. Note that TKC tests require transmission on these frequencies so you'll need to check that they don't contravene any radio licensing requirements.

In services use the TKC required annual calibration and also a calibrated  'Working Radio' to  validate the tests.. I note from the label on your TKC that it appears to have once belonged to the Equipment Care Inspection Team so should be in good order!

1 hour ago, Skip Distance said:

Richard,

Here's how to obtain a copy of the pamphlet which andym mentioned (reposted from my reply from the power distribution box thread)

,For a complete reference for Clansman equipment search online for 'UK PRC 320 infantry signal training pdf',  the search results should include a link called 'File: UK-PRC 320 Infantry Signal Training pdf - RadioNerds' which is the Infantry Signal Training Pamphlet 41 Part 4 Equipment and its Operation (Clansman) which covers radios and ancillaries, batteries and chargers, basic vehicle installation and harness, test kits, antennas and masts.'

It's all you really need for basic testing, in addition to the tables inside TKC lid, and test frequencies - let me know what radios you have and I will provide these. Note that TKC tests require transmission on these frequencies so you'll need to check that they don't contravene any radio licensing requirements.

In services use the TKC required annual calibration and also a calibrated  'Working Radio' to  validate the tests.. I note from the label on your TKC that it appears to have once belonged to the Equipment Care Inspection Team so should be in good order!

Thanks, now you explained it I have a copy. and the offer of help

Richard

Edited by Surveyor