Zil131 vin / chassis number

Hi all help please, 

I am trying to register my zil came with out paperwork. 

Can't find a vin number in cab, there is a plaque on dash with a year stamp but can't see anything else????? 

Do the zil have a chassis number stamped externaly on chassis rails? 

If so does anyone no the location I've crawled all over mine and can't see anything 

Any help greatly appreciated 

Cheers anton 

I have just been through the registration loop with  a champ  military vehicles do not have a vin  number . Its hard talking to the DVLA so i suggest getting  a club to do a Ietter  giving as much information as possible contact DVLA and see what they want . They may want to register as a new vehicle V55/5 but if its old enough it will go as a historic vehicle  if it has a data plate to prove its age Send pictures any numbers you can find if they are happy they send a man out  from SGS company .  A chassis number usually is the reg No or a hull No on some vehicles

1 hour ago, tankdiver said:

I have just been through the registration loop with  a champ  military vehicles do not have a vin  number . Its hard talking to the DVLA so i suggest getting  a club to do a Ietter  giving as much information as possible contact DVLA and see what they want . They may want to register as a new vehicle V55/5 but if its old enough it will go as a historic vehicle  if it has a data plate to prove its age Send pictures any numbers you can find if they are happy they send a man out  from SGS company .  A chassis number usually is the reg No or a hull No on some vehicles

• 2 months later...

if it has a one piece screen it is likely to have been fitted from a zil 130...are you sure yours is a zil 131...what engine do you have in it any chance of a picture...including engine etc...the chassis numbers were painted on the step...not stamped on the chassis.  there should be a chassis number on a plate on the passenger door side by the seat...you will usually find 2 holes there where it has been removed...why they were removed I have no idea...getting it registered will not be easy you have to prove duties have been paid for them...if you do not know its supply or when it cam e here they can be tricky, I cannot remember the time factor now but if its over 25 years I think the VAT does not apply...I cant remember the detail now so forgive me if I am wrong about this...if you send me some photos I can determine the age better...if it has a plate stating 1977 that may be the date it was refurbished or it could be the age...they were first produced from about 1965/66, production finished in the 90's