Comparing Clansman Documents

Surveyor

As part of my attempt to wire the Land Rover Radio set up I have a copy of the installation guide, "Clansman Radio Installations in Trucks. 1/2 and 1/3 Ton FFR and GS, Rover, and a copy from Land Rover Light Weight.

Both diagrams mention cables in a sort code e.g. 401, I am assuming that this reference is the same for all Clansman documents, can some one confirm that is correct?

Is there a document which lists all short codes against NSN?

Thanks in advance

Richard

IMG_20190224_091507_resized_20190224_091733814.jpg

IMG_20190224_091618_resized_20190224_091732471.jpg

No, it is just the reference for this document, the reference numbers are different in every clansman manual and are not combined with an NSN. For example in the REBRO Manual are the 7pin cables 601 to 608 but only 601 to 604 have the same NSN.

But the only 401 cable I can mention ist the 4 pin DCCU cable.

All 201/202 are standard clansman 2pin power cables male/female

The 401s are DCCU 4pin cables

101/102 are a Clansman Coax cable

601 is a clansman 7pin cable m/m

602 is a clansman 7pin cable f/m

1201 is a clansman 12pin harness cable

And 104/106 seem to be earth leads.

I'm not sure which cable the 601/1 is, because I don't have a DMU (useless without the BID and the BIDs arn't on the market)

I don't have the propper documents for this picture but I know the cables you need from my installations.

I think you’ll really struggle to obtain any cables you need based on part numbers. You can’t really just type the numbers in a website and order them. You will have to look for cables based on the connectors you need at either end or based on a description of what they are connecting together.

40 minutes ago, Foxtrott363 said:

All 201/202 are standard clansman 2pin power cables male/female

The 401s are DCCU 4pin cables

101/102 are a Clansman Coax cable

601 is a clansman 7pin cable m/m

602 is a clansman 7pin cable f/m

1201 is a clansman 12pin harness cable

And 104/106 seem to be earth leads.

I'm not sure which cable the 601/1 is, because I don't have a DMU (useless without the BID and the BIDs arn't on the market)

I don't have the propper documents for this picture but I know the cables you need from my installations.

Thank you very much, a lot more information than I had at start of this project, learning as rapidly as I can

Richard

1 minute ago, sirhc said:

I think you’ll really struggle to obtain any cables you need based on part numbers. You can’t really just type the numbers in a website and order them. You will have to look for cables based on the connectors you need at either end or based on a description of what they are connecting together.

Thanks, Foxtrott363, has just given me a better lead than I have had up to this point.

When get Land Rover back need to check the cables are running from the ATU into the cab, vaguely remember seeing them in the bonnet fitting

5 hours ago, Foxtrott363 said:

They should be a 7pin m/m and a Coax each side. Suitable for the 353 and 352.

Many thanks

I popped into L. R. Series, to get a unit, he has offered to get cables needed from the diagram above

Waiting for him to get back, advised would mention how helpful he was

L. R. Series Ltd Unit 3 Brookfield Business Park Clay Lane Shiptonthorpe York YO43 3PU

• 4 months later...

Just thought I would update this as recently received most of the AC61590 series documents for the Clansman and at the stage of trying to start wiring the setup.

I have noticed that it appears in this document and supplements the short numbers e.g. 102 are the same through out, a great bonus for a learner like me.

There are some supplements missing and when get time will post another thread, the missing ones could still be restricted is the only thing

Edited by Surveyor