Finnish Armor Auction 25. September

arthur.m

Hello everyone,

Finnish Army will sell surplus armor including Comet, Charioteer and StuG vehicles, the three StuGs are in very sad condition. Auction will be held 25.9. in Siikakangas, Ruovesi and it is open for everyone. The tanks are not demilled yet, but will be so treated if sold. Comets and Charioteers are not all complete, some have had components of the drivetrain removed. Here is a link with a couple of pics http://www.mil.fi/laitokset/tiedotteet/3264.dsp

Greetings, Arthur

If sold to Finnish buyer, they will be demilled according to Finnish standards, if sold abroad, according to the national regulations of buyer's home country. This is what the army says. Tanks haven't been sold to private Finnish collectors before, so I don't know how they are going to do it. I would say it's not that radical. There are plinthed artillery pieces etc in public parks in Finland, they haven't been butchered much. The officer in charge of the techical matters of the auction, Esa Muikku, should be able to advice on the matter. His telephone number is just above the pics in that army note. He will probably speak English. If this is very important, I can call him, but I would have to know exactly what to ask.