3HW Grease Nipples

agmerlin

Hi Everyone,

Me Again!!

On my 3HW I’ve noticed a number of holes around the top end of the front forks. They appear to be full of muck and gunk and I’m assuming that the holes should have grease nipples in them. Can anyone confirm this?

Many Thanks in Advance 

Andy

8A928519-0A6D-4D0F-9731-33A77D536FA0.jpeg

11B33AE5-04F6-4D61-879C-ECAE0C4FBE33.jpeg

Yes those are for grease nipples. The original type were the old straight ones suitable for the Tecalemit pump action oil gun. But for regular use, it's better to fit the modern equivalent grease nipples. They are 1/4 BSF and you can use all straight ones on a 3HW. Available here from Nooky (scroll to the bottom of his cataloque) He's also a cheap source of British made zinc plated Cycle thread nuts and bolts. http://www.nookysnuts.com/catalogue/catalogue1.html   Ron

DSCF1213.jpg

Edited by Ron

And many thanks again Ron, I did spend a bit of time after I took the photos cleaning out the muck and realised that the holes were threaded. Fortunately for me I was given a load of surplus nuts and bolts some years ago and amongst them was an assortment of grease nipples but thanks for the contact anyway. There’s bound to be some stuff I need.

all the best

Andy