Looking for a T-34/85

So, someone I know approached me, knowing I had a military armored vehicle and wanting to know where to find a T-34/85. Apparently her husband really wants to buy one. I did some searches around, but the usual places don't have them. Anyone know a good place to find them these days? Preferably in Western Europe, but Eastern is fine as well :)

I would suggest it would not be good to pursue this line of chat, as it is likely to result in verbal fisticuffs. I have lost count of the number of times I have stifled a scream over grammatical errors etc but at the end of the day this is not a site promoting the English language. As long as people can understand and be understood, please just live and let live.

Steve.

Edited by Ex-boy
Misspelling!
  • Like 1

Every Russian factory seems to have had slight varions in its vehicles plus changes like Road Wheel design during post-war rebuilds.   There is a T34 Facebook Page where they can name the particular factory and period of manufacture from small details in photograghs.   Most survivors appear not even to be of Russian manufacture.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/t34interestgroup/ 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 7:51 AM, FW200 said:

Thanks for all the replies! I think the Ukrainian T-34/76 is a bit out of reach (though very cool to see!)..

I've mailed them with the options I've found so far, including the eBay link :)

out of reach physically or monetarily?  1.4 million Hrivny is  about 44K Euro's.

T34/76 are are pretty rare outside of Russia/Bellarus, wonder how hard it would be to get that one out?you'd probly need at least another $10K in your pocket just to bribe your way thru checkpoints :)

found this today and maybe it's helpful. It implies that getting miltaria out of Russia is more difficult, you have to prove " no cultural significance", they say Ukraine is better but Chech republic is best?

lots of links to explore id embedded in the article

https://www.rbth.com/defence/2017/04/26/how-to-buy-an-old-soviet-tank-for-the-price-of-a-fancy-car_750701

Edited by draganm
added link to russia story

• 1 year later...