Wanted

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:16 PM, steve od said:

10cwt trailer parts I'm lookin to build a copy so need a hitch and axle suspension & wheels or rolling chassis for restoration 

I have an axel, 2 hubs, 2 drums, brakes and wheel cylinders, 1 standard wheel, 1 late split rim wheel and various small parts. I'm down in Surrey.

Artifficer

Hi Steve PM me and in the mean time I'll take some photos on Wednesday to post. Which type of airborne trailer are you intending to make? No1 which has no chassis, just a centre spine or a No2 which has a full chassis.

First photo chassis of Airborne binned store trailer, 2 Binned store trailer,3 No2 lightweight and 3 No1 lightweight. I sold the No1 trailer last year.

Regards Rob

t24.JPG

t54.JPG

Picture 044.jpg

413.jpg

As you can see its just like a water tank on wheels, the spring hangers are welded to the body it's strength is in it's monococue construction. The axel is pretty much universal for the trailers. when I built the one I posted all I had was the hard bits, axel, wheels, tow hitch, springs, break assemblies, hubs, linkages. I folded all the rest, except the centre spine, spot and mig welding all the rest. lights plugs and electricals are available at a cost. I make data plates and have a "T" plate for sale.

Artifficer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...