Jump to content

1941 Royal Enfield WDC


rampant rivet
 Share

Recommended Posts

Here you go, called by and picked this little lot up  from Deano and got it home to etch prime before the dreaded rust sets in.

20180829_180258.thumb.jpg.dabcea7db600ff8aec900b3f9c6fec77.jpg

 

20180829_180309.thumb.jpg.fd2b50a373592e03574f8946a46ac114.jpg

 

20180829_180320.thumb.jpg.eaaf9fffd5edbc585b2824b5d82be74c.jpg

 

Most of it survived ok but the front ribbed mudgaurd is dead I think considering it all looked like it had been at the bottom of a pond or under a hedge for yonks it's not too bad, have sold off some of the spares I won't need which is helping to fund this resto, must admit I'm really enjoying restoring this WDC so much physically easier than the MW though I'm sure that there will be the odd part or two that will be hard to find.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There should be some spacers for the front seat bolt, I’ve seen them as part of the seat and some pushed into the mounting point on the frame. They are nearly always shagged and are simple to make on a lathe.

 

the rear guard looks like it originally had a non pannier rack installed judging by the hole pattern.

have a look at the holes at the rear to see if it had a number plate or WD lamp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Ron said:

Well done that man! The broad 'D' shaped plate on the nose is definitely a Royal Enfield thing, but I've never seen one curled up!....... should be flat I'm sure!

 

Ron

Thanks Ron 

Will leave as is for the mo until I am sure it should be flat then I'll give it a beating 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those stays are the original carrier with the top cut off and the tubes flattened to bolt to the guard. It’s a relatively straight forward fix to make it correct if you would prefer the earlier look.

 

whats your frame number? The frame has the earlier holes in the headstock that were prone to cracking. The fix was to leave a web in the hole (so no longer a hole) which stopped the problem (instead the weak point became lower down the front tube).

Edited by Chris Hall
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh oh... According to the pictures you sent me it is # Jeremy, not #1.. 😊

BTW, did you really have the wheels sandblasted with brake parts and bearings in situ? Think you'd better do some decent cleaning of these components before final assembly...

Jan 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes Jan taped up all the spindle ends etc with lots of layers of heavy duty duct tape though I will of course strip everything for thorough cleaning with new wheel bearings as the old ones are worn out 😁

BTW Thanks for posting my full frame number something I didn't want to do !

Edited by rampant rivet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t worry about publishing your frame number. I’ve never heard of any issues from posting it, unless I’ve missed something.

I’ll check mine as it’s very close yours, I did own another WD/C that was 8 digits away from my first but decided to sell it as I just didn’t have the room and wanted the space for a GPW.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...