Mosquito Refuelling

Simonl

1 minute ago, lowfat said:

Well Im pretty sure You wouldn't find a Shell civvy bowser  on military airfield in the Canal Zone.

I'm sure you would, Shell were there well before that

On 5 August 2018 at 10:35 AM, simon king said:

Don’t know why people just don’t google TK620 as I did. It pulls up a picture taken on the same occasion from a different angle, with the camouflaged B35 in exactly the same position. Why overcomplicate?

Not over complicating, just looking at facts rather than making assumptions.  How can we be sure that the aircraft in the first photo is TK620? -the serial number isn't legible as it is in the Google photo. It certainly begins TK; that can be seen under the starboard wing, but a search of the serial number database shows dozens of Mosquito B.35's with serials in the TK series. 

There is no evidence that the Google photo was taken on the same occasion; Two Mosquitos being refuelled whils parked side by side could not have been a unique occurrence.

Edited by mtskull
  • Like 1

It's very tricky; what appear to be spats might indeed be something else. 

Still going with the notion that these are spats and working on the basis that this must be a single engined aircraft (no part of nacelle visible),  everything that can be seen is consistent with it being a Magister, except that it appears too big (although that might be a trick of perspective).  Any other thoughts?

Edited by mtskull

Possibly the aircraft behind the subject Mosquito could be a Bristol Brigand inservice dates are about right or possibly its not an RAF type at all could be French or Italian I don't have the tallant others do of perceiving exact colors from monochrom photos