Centurion voltage regulator question

sexton

Hi, we've just started working on getting our Centurion up and running.  I have a tech manual for Mk 1, 2, and 3, and a users manual for Mk3, 5, and 6. From my reading, I think we have a Mk5. We recently bought a rebuilt Meteor Mk4B engine for it and it has the 45 amp generator on the left hand valve cover. However, our tank doesn't seem to have the voltage regulator for the engine mounted generator. It is normally located at the rear right of the fighting compartment according to the user manual. I followed the large battery cables and they run direct from the batteries to the drivers switchboard and then from the driver's switchboard to the auxiliary engine regulator at the rear left of the fighting compartment. Is it possible this tank was not set up for using the engine mounted generator? The reason I'm asking is that we want to run the tank with the Meteor initially without installing the auxiliary engine. 

Thanks, 

Malcolm

Lauren, yes, you're right about the earlier Meteors having no mounted generator but I figured with this tank being a later Mk 5 it would have had the Mk4b engine. Seems not. Maybe the Mk 5 isn't as late a Mk as I thought. So we either get the auxiliary engine and generator running or find a regulator for the Mk 4b and splice it in. Oh well, nobody said it would be easy. 

Malcolm

• Up 1