Discussion on the bling ferret

Norbo

Its not that bad its only got 8 or 9 bits of chrome on it not my cup of tea  and air horns look a bit odd but i dont think you would have more then a day to remove the chrome and paint the stuff you intend to keep .  Each to there own i say  its not what i would do doesn't mean its wrong if the bloke likes that thats all that matters as its him that was driving it . £500 and its all green .

15 minutes ago, Norbo said:

Its not that bad its only got 8 or 9 bits of chrome on it not my cup of tea  and air horns look a bit odd but i dont think you would have more then a day to remove the chrome and paint the stuff you intend to keep .  Each to there own i say  its not what i would do doesn't mean its wrong if the bloke likes that thats all that matters as its him that was driving it . £500 and its all green .

Does that include putting back the bits that have gone missing ? (If you can find them)........

Diana

The 'Bling' Ferret may well have suited the taste of the guy who built it, but it was for sale on and off for more than 10 years without finding a buyer. If it was left stock it would have sold no problem. This is the point I was making about keeping all the parts. 

• Up 1

10 hours ago, Diana and Jackie said:

Does that include putting back the bits that have gone missing ? (If you can find them)........

Diana

I dont know whats missing . May be the bloke didn't have the bits in the first place that's why he did what he did, I dont know may be you know he had them and sold them i dont  . It would have been foolish as sirhc says to have done this and sold the original parts , to a collector its worth a lot less in this state then all  standard . But as i say its not likely he did it to a mint restored vehicle with all the parts to start with, but i don't really know. Im thinking i should change the title of the post to the bling ferret LOL .    

Thast's because it was built to 1 persons Taste  and not built to sell. Of course like a house your doing up to sell white walls neutral carpets and no personality . but in your own house you may like color and things that make your house yours not to every ones taste may be, but its your house.   This guy did the same . personalty i would have removed the chrome and made it look more standard as the kind of people who want this vehicle what it to look more like every one else's vehicle . like when you look at  house with wearied wallpaper and pink carpet  you think ill have to pay extra to remove and replace that . her should have done the same removed the bling to get a better price . But each to there own  

I got critised in a military magazine for showing a Hagglund in a 3 colour camo scheme of my own choice-so what? it was stunning and photos appeared all over the web!  A company called repaircraft had all white and all black scorpions-even the war and peace show commissioned a 432 and an Abbott in high gloss blue which looked amazing. Do your own thing and enjoy it!

Terry   

I do intend on doing what i want with my tank but it seems im not the only one as i found this 3 tone scorpion in 3 colors  i had in mined more dark burgundy red like red primer , so its not like my one will be the  only one and even if it was so what . I did fined something elce in 3 time dont know what it is but its more the red i was thinking of 

scorpion st.jpg

rusty red tank.jpg

Edited by Norbo

• 2 years later...