MK without army plating certificate?

Luke Aye

Hi folks I'm new on here.

Me & my nephew bought an MK, the bloke we bought it off didn't have the paper ministry plate for it.

Also he tried to register it as an agricultural vehicle after I had signed the log book. This has now led to a bit of the proverbial bag of worms to try & chase it's paperwork, & get it legal.

The vehicle has its ministry chassis plate with army reg number on it.

Does anyone know about finding out about history of vehicle, when it was released, how to get copies of release document, & plate etc.

This messing about has scuppered our plans for a couple of shows we were hoping to get to.

I've not got a clue tbh.

Thanks.

Luke "Aye" Whitehead.

1 minute ago, Luke Aye said:

Great I will give it a try thanks.

No worries, they normally acknowledge quickly as said I have a few other email address if that one does not work.

Please let me know how you get on.

Other members may help with other sources which I don't know about

5 hours ago, Luke Aye said:

Hi folks I'm new on here.

Me & my nephew bought an MK, the bloke we bought it off didn't have the paper ministry plate for it.

Also he tried to register it as an agricultural vehicle after I had signed the log book. This has now led to a bit of the proverbial bag of worms to try & chase it's paperwork, & get it legal.

The vehicle has its ministry chassis plate with army reg number on it.

Does anyone know about finding out about history of vehicle, when it was released, how to get copies of release document, & plate etc.

This messing about has scuppered our plans for a couple of shows we were hoping to get to.

I've not got a clue tbh.

Thanks.

Luke "Aye" Whitehead.

There is no such thing as a military plating certificate, they are issued by DVSA (VOSA), if the previous owner registered it as agricultural, then it would not have a plating certificate. My suggestion would be to get it MoTed at a DVSA approved testing station and ask them for a new plating certificate.

.                                                                                                                                                                                  

Edited by Nick Johns