bren +tripod

2e0prp

hi , looking to obtain bren and tripod, around 1943ish manufacturer, please contact direct at;   2e0prp@gmail.com ,   .thank you.  my location Cambridgeshire,  can travel. 

Edited by 2e0prp
add info

On 01/04/2018 at 10:56 AM, 2e0prp said:

hi , looking to obtain bren and tripod, around 1943ish manufacturer, please contact direct at;   2e0prp@gmail.com ,   .thank you  

I'll be listing an unmolested tripod on e bay in the next couple of day's, and have 2 of the other items that goes with it :) .Thinning out a bit of the accumulated kit 

Edited by Davey089

12 hours ago, Davey089 said:

I'll be listing an unmolested tripod on e bay in the next couple of day's, and have 2 of the other items that goes with it :) .Thinning out a bit of the accumulated kit 

hi davey, email me it`s in the add , pete

21 hours ago, REME 245 said:

Also if there is any slight possibilty of the law changing when we leave the EU getting it deactivated again at this stage may be a waste of money.

hi , well yes i know what you are getting at, so it could be the best time to sell at a reasonable price  otherwise the dealers could lose at loads of money , i only want one for re-enactment and shows ,

Edited by 2e0prp
spelling

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/04/2018 at 7:04 PM, Davey089 said:

hi , please email about the tripod, thanks 

2e0prp@gmail.com 

• 7 months later...

The current wording of the relevant act states that you can sell previous spec deacts to countries out-side of the EU hence some are saying when and if we leave the EU, unless they change the law again you will be able to sell old spec deacts again but not create any new ones.  I am not a legal expert so not qualified to give a legal option.

Edited by REME 245
  • Like 1

Given sense was seen about trying to prohibit 50 calibre rifles in private ownership - the latest legislation having been dropped, you would like to think that the deac situation may eventually get looked at.

In theory, with more border controls, there maybe less eastern european "deacts" getting into the country, which seem to be in large part the source of firearms illegally held (together with ammunition).

None of the present controls, be it on deacs or legally held firearms, deals with the firearms in circulation used by the criminal fraternity.

On 12/4/2018 at 4:13 PM, REME 245 said:

If that did happen I would assume that it would need new UK legislation to ammend that already inacted.

It's already written into UK law that we can sell old spec deacts outside the EU, that's why all the big dealers are still listing old spec (you can also hire and lease them into your collection). Once we leave the EU it's a green light again UNLESS they re-write that part of the policing and crime act.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2017/3/section/128/enacted

• 3 weeks later...

I suggest you buy what you can while you can. Better yet buy two. These are getting hard to find as early demills, this one is slated to be made into a functional semiautomatic in the near future. Sorry it is not for sale, I still regret selling my other one. 

513C1C56-4B86-49CD-8BE9-0ECD96C91447.jpeg