30 cal values

When you say "old deact" do you mean old spec? If so, bear in mind that unless you have it re-deactivated to current EU/UK specification, it is a criminal offence to transfer ownership by ANY means - you can't even give it away or leave it to someone in your will!

31 minutes ago, AmmoMan said:

£100 to have it welded solid, just wait till we leave the EU next spring and you can sell it as is.

Not very likely, as the chances that gun laws get relaxed after Brexit are about as close to zero as you can get.

Because at the moment nobody will know for sure where this ship will end up. If needed they can convert their stocks to EU Reg, but if there's a slight chance it won't be needed they don't want to destroy their investment.

My point is that at this moment the EU Reg is also the law in the UK, and the chance that law will be relaxed after brexit is minimal. But again, nobody knows anything for sure at Circus Brexit so you might get lucky.

Hate to say it but it’s Probably best not to say anything!

Pre 2016 prices were about £1200 to £1500 with Tripod, T&E. I picked up a 1919A6 dressed as an A4 back in 2015 for £750 and then spent a further £200 returning to A6 spec (still need a butt). I would not be surprised if a new spec gun would be in a similar price range but with even less interest.

As said better to say nothing , the only get out clause is when we leave the EU, as mentioned, how long this window is open before it gets re written who knows, but anyone thinking of selling then wait, there will be folk in long line with wads of cash, for those who have invested a lot of money and I know a few its the ideal time.