Mystery Object No.202

fv1609

10 minutes ago, andym said:

I immediately thought "kites" but I doubt it's that simple!

Andy

Andy as you might suspect the answers are no & yes.

I am having terrible with internet drop outs, so replies may be especially slow. So don't assume a slow response means someone has got it & I am avoiding declaring a winner :)

5 minutes ago, Ex-boy said:

Yes, it was the kite shape that made me think of a braced sheet of some kind, but most of the items wouldn't fly too well, methinks.

If it was that I think there should be a box kite in there, could never get one of those things off the ground.

32 minutes ago, Richard Farrant said:

Clive,

are these plan views of something on the ground? As two have letters against them, have you removed letters from the others?

Excellent line of thought Richard. The other ones have things like cross, arrow, open A.

2 minutes ago, MiketheBike said:

Are the thick solid lines tubes of some sort? Aerials of some sort, or at least wire or cable around the outsides?

Mike they do look like they might be that sort of thing, but not I'm afraid.

7 minutes ago, wally dugan said:

ARE THESE  GROUND MARKERS

I was wondering where you were Wally! They look very much that sort of thing, but nope.

(Been on the roof trying to get the antenna optimised better, but it is very cold & windy & connection still dropping in & out)

24 minutes ago, wally dugan said:

is this a collapsible item or a series of items

PS YOU should know better than to mess about on roof's at your AGE

Nope, very rigid & large. They are all separate items demonstrating various configurations.

(Yes I remember what happened to Rod Hull & Emu, although I think Emu survived him. Hmm the book is the same age as me, well the last time I looked at my imprint  :)

5 minutes ago, Richard Farrant said:

Damn it, that was my first thought, but could not work out what the single line was so kept quiet. :(

Richard its a bit like not bidding for something on ebay, then finding it went for much less than you would have thought.