Operation Market Garden 2019 - Register today!

Joris

20 minutes ago, hotel magnum said:

oh well that's knocked that idea on the head then, I don't think theres much chance of finding a wwII vehicle and getting it done by the date, thanks for your help joris.

Yes, that will throw a spanner in the works.... 

well now theres a conundrum, only wwII vehicles but Hotchkiss post war jeeps are ok, that does not seem fair, as most of the veterans of the time are no longer with us we are surely showing our respect for them, so it would not matter what vehicle was used, I can see the point of military vehicles only but cannot see the point in an age restriction, do we not respect all of our forces even those currently serving, this is not a criticism just my thoughts, alan  

this is opening a can of worms , there are events in the Netherlands for all era veterans , with up till now vehicles allowed , but Market Garden is about remembering September 1944 . M201 Hotchkiss discussion is another one , but what about Phillipine bodied jeeps and chassis which are replaced ?  GMC`s with post war made Bodies from Germany … so a difficult discussion , but they want vehicles which look correct for  1944

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all

There is a number of us from the Portsmouth area that are planning on heading over to OMG 2019 (not registered yet) with our vehicles. just wondering if there's any convoys from the UK heading over that we can try and meet up with? will probably travel via Dover. 

Cheers 

Baz

11 hours ago, RMS said:

Hi all

There is a number of us from the Portsmouth area that are planning on heading over to OMG 2019 (not registered yet) with our vehicles. just wondering if there's any convoys from the UK heading over that we can try and meet up with? will probably travel via Dover. 

Cheers 

Baz

Cool, Baz, it will be great to see you! 

• 2 months later...
On 1/3/2019 at 8:01 PM, RMS said:

Hi all

Cheers 

Baz

Hi, planing on registering the OYD for Market Garden 2019: https://omg2019.nl/en/.

Having never participated in a overseas event. I was wondering if there are any groups/convoys heading over from the UK that we could join/tag along with.

Does anyone know if there are there any plans to travel to Arnhem? As I cant see anything mentioned on the organizers site. It seems a shame to make the trip without visiting Arnhem.

We’re based in Cambridgeshire it seems ferry from Dover to Calais/Dunkirk main / best bet.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks.

Tyler

Hello Tyler,

You may want to consider using the Harwich - Hook of Holland (Hoek van Holland) ferry as that might be an easier journey. 

There are no organized trips to Arnhem but feel free to drive up there from our base camp, it should take you around an hour to get there. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Joris

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...