WW1 German Presto truck for sale

Great War truck

Not familiar with the name "Presto", well neither was I. But trust me it is a WW1 German truck (or ambulance). Available for the brave for about a grand.

http://www.prewarcar.com/show_prewar_car.asp?car_id=25295

If you are thinking about buying this but are undecided, do let me know and i will tell you enough to put you off the whole idea.

Tim (too)

No, i cant find a picture of one to show you. I have lots of WW1 German truck photos that i cant identify, so i might have one but i have no idea which one it is. There is supposed to be a book coming out on the subject later this year (in German) which i am looking forwards to seeing. I might even try and learn the langauge - actually i probably have more important things to do. I will get Steve to read it to me.

Tim (too)

Yes it would. However, what with you now having had a first hand account of our storage facilities, you will see the problem. We would either have to dismantle it and store it on its side (like one of the Peerless), or store it on top of another one (like another Peerless), sell something to make room for it (not going to happen), park it in the neigbouring field (which would really upset the owners), or leave it for someone else to do.

Hmmm, it is a tough decision. But i think that for now we will leave it for someone else to do. I dont think that it will be scrapped, so it is safe for now.

Tim (too)

• 2 weeks later...

By some strange quirk of fate, i now have a picture of what the Presto should look like (thanks Alan!)

width=640 height=396http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/Greatwartruck/DSCN4616a.jpg[/img]

Not the prettiest truck on the road, but quite interesting. Any takers yet?

Tim (too)

Looks like Chitty-chitty-bang-bang in uniform :-D

I think she's a beauty! I looked on the website, thats a whole lot of work, but she has to be saved! If I had'nt taken on my Chevy project, right now I would be pleading with Mrs G506 to let me have it!

Will somebody please talk some sense into me..........................

Looks like Chitty-chitty-bang-bang in uniform :-D

Yes, you are quite right, i had not nocticed that. And is that a young Baron Von Bomblast standing next to it?

As for putting you off, well all i can say is "Buy it, buy it now". Sell everything else and throw the proceeds into rebuilding this one. You can be fairly certain that there are no other survivors in the UK, if not the world. Just by touching it and reading up about Presto on Wikipedia you will become the world expert. You will have to refabricate just about every part from scratch, but there wont be a single person at beltring who would look at it and say you have done it in the wrong colour, or your grill is incorrect.

Well there you go. I hope that i put you off the idea, but if you require some more discouragement please do post again and i will see what i can do.

Tim (too)

I think she's a beauty! I looked on the website, thats a whole lot of work, but she has to be saved! If I had'nt taken on my Chevy project, right now I would be pleading with Mrs G506 to let me have it!

Will somebody please talk some sense into me..........................

No- buy it! :naughty:

• 4 weeks later...

Rick, you're a bad man! The chassis is in no worse condition to the Chevy when I started it a year ago, although I will admit that even though Chevy stuff can be difficult to locate, its a whole easier than parts for a truck which could well be the only survivor!

Rick, you're a bad man! The chassis is in no worse condition to the Chevy when I started it a year ago, although I will admit that even though Chevy stuff can be difficult to locate, its a whole easier than parts for a truck which could well be the only survivor!

Ahh, but just think of the FUN to be had, tracking the bits down........... :whistle:

Ahh, but just think of the FUN to be had, tracking the bits down........... :whistle:

You know, in a masochistic kind of way I know what you mean............

• 2 months later...