Welcome back!

Joris

13 hours ago, Joris said:

Thanks for the feedback regarding the colors, we will be making some changes to it early next week.

The New Posts button is now called "Activity" and is a the top of this page at the tabs. 

Thanks for that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joris said:

I think the script to remove the doubles worked a bit too well :(

I'm on it!

Yay! Photos are back in all their light-stone glory, thank you.

The links in the quotes still are not 'live' though and I'm hoping you'll be able to work on these too, please. I'm impressed with your technical skills and in putting such a large and complex forum together. Well done, again!  Example of dead links pasted below:

AndyB said:
Here are a few more photo's showing the trailer.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118436[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118435[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118434[/ATTACH]

I noticed that if you click on the last post time below the last posters name it takes a very long long time to load the page.

however if you just click on the last page number it loads the last page (and post) in absolutely no time at all.

BTW Thanks Joris, the forum is very fast now :thumbsup:  (and that is on an 8 year old Mac) 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dgrev said:

Joris. Can we have a default or global setting please for the "notify me of any replies" button so that we don't have to 

remember to click on it every time we do a post?

Thanks

Doug

I'll see if I can do that. 

On 10/14/2017 at 11:17 AM, dgrev said:

Joris. Can we have a default or global setting please for the "notify me of any replies" button so that we don't have to 

remember to click on it every time we do a post?

Thanks

Doug

Done!

On 10/15/2017 at 1:21 PM, Pumpkinate said:

It must have been a truck load of work getting the new forum running! Well done.

One bit of feedback..... some members (myself included) have dropped back to a zero post count for some reason?

Sorted now!

It is only when reading this thread that one realises how many individual decissions must have been made in setting up the new HMVF. It seems that everything is customisable and always defaults to the wrong settings ! Well done for battling through !

I do find that there is now much less on a screen at one time. It is not so much that the font size is bigger but that there are much bigger gaps between lines and, well, just about everything. I am using Firefox on a PC and it is a little like browsing on a mobile phone. Others will probably prefer it  but I prefer a lot more to be visble at once without scrolling. No, I have not accidentaly changed the screen magnification - all other sites are normal.

I am glad the ranks are back - I was just beginning to get somewhere !

David

• Like 1

On 12/10/2017 at 7:24 AM, Joris said:

Your PDF links are still on my to-do list, I will look at that today.

I know there's a long list of "snagging" to do but could you restore the Clive's Corner pdf links...... they still seem to be broken....

Cheers

7 hours ago, Tarland said:

I know there's a long list of "snagging" to do but could you restore the Clive's Corner pdf links...... they still seem to be broken....

Cheers

I'll try and fix them tomorrow but there are a lot of them so no promises. 

22 hours ago, Tarland said:

Cheers

All fixed now!

If I missed one let me know and I will upload it.