HMVF, Salisbury Plain invation

yogi

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to have you all on board. We are making good progress with the MOD and every thing is looking good for the campsite. We have requested the woods opposite so some of you can park in there and keep the car par for the low loaders. next year we are trying to get a few hours booked on the DTA so you can have a go at deep water driving. This will all depend on cost. This week end is your week end and any suggestions you put forward will be arranged (hopfully).

Also we are thinking on the lines of a trophy/s for the longest distance travelled, best turned out vehicle, first to break down and last but not least SKITTLES. This will be for fun and not to be taken to hart if you don't win :cry:

All judging will be done by local REG members if we can find some. This is just an out line for next year, If half of these things don't happen see Jack :whistle:

I will keep all informed as I find out more. We should have a answer on the camp site by October. All we ask is you come along and have a good time on the SPTA.

Tony and the team at Plain Military.

OK - I am now putting my foot down with a firm hand and committing the Hardy/Mowag/pigging/lightweight/ uncletomcoblyandall/ferrets to attending this fun and mud/dust filled extravaganza :-D

and may it be known know that if anything tries to get in the way of us attending this time ...........there will be trouble. >:(

Please sir can I bring my caravan?....... its for him not me you understand :whistle:

Yes you can, will have to put it in the pub car park though. That way we can run leccie to you if need be. The car park is only 20 to 30 feet from the camp site. I have been told its going to be a fall moon so might get to see the drummer boy this time. :whistle:

looking at the numbers so far its going to be a full weekend ariving friday depart monday :-D and as soon as you get the paperwork dotted then we should put a deposit down so we can confirm a space or you will fill half the ranges :whistle:if anyone cant make it we could link various people to other transport going

so put me down as deffinate 8-)

we have been in touch with the MOD and have put a request for the wooded area. This will give us plenty of room to camp and park. Anyone brave enough can camp in the woods with the big cat the Drummed boy and those crows crapping all over your tent. Im sleeping in the caravan with Ash next year :whistle:

Come to think of it, scrap the distance trophy and go for the most people in a caravan trophy :rofl:

Tony

PS has Dave and Doug signed up for next year (Roy was asking)

Im sleeping in the caravan with Ash next year :whistle:

Come to think of it, scrap the distance trophy and go for the most people in a caravan trophy :rofl:

Tony

Jack,

has asked me to bring a tent for next year to eavesdrop on Vics stratagy and plans for the return skittles match, as he intends not to be second to no one :evil: :evil:

Ashley

Im sleeping in the caravan with Ash next year :whistle:

Tony

Now I like the sound of that Tone, I am up for that - it was quite a big one if I remember rightly - that said, I dare say that he has it all chromed up by now.

Just got back from the Bustard Inn and Roy is over the moon that you all want to come back. He has donated a trophy for use and the new skittle ally looks great. It looks as if the trophy will be the best turned out vehicle and the judges will be Roy, Craig, myself and one more. This is just for fun. Another trophy will be done for the skittles. We are scraping the distance trophy cos not every one will be driving to the campsite. Is there anything we may have missed IE danceing girls, handcuffs, blow up sheep :whistle:

Hope to see you all there.

Tony

Vic has started his skittles training= large brandy's and throwing hand grenades!.

Reckon we may have to watch Vic next year - is going to be one to watch for the trophy - apart from us Dorset guys. I hope Tony has good experience in crowd control - it could kick off if Vic wins :whistle:

The Dorset Boys will have Hardyferret on the team :-D - at the last match each time it was his 'go' the guys doing the putting up took cover behind a barricade of tables!!!! :shake: and the back wall of the ally has now had to be reinforced...........................

He..he.....he...I think the weekend is going to be huge fun - Mvs doing there stuff, a load of 'boys and their toys' running around on Salisbury plain - with permission, camped next to a pub, the chance that Jack will see more Orbs and maybe the Drummer Boy :schocked: , HF working his magic in the skittle ally :evil: .......................

the only thing missing so far is Markheliops and his two new friends :whistle: with their camera man. :whistle:

The Dorset Boys will have Hardyferret on the team :-D - at the last match each time it was his 'go' the guys doing the putting up took cover behind a barricade of tables!!!! :shake:

No Probs that is Dave`s task (putting up) and he was pretty good at `lane dodging` last year must be the coach driver in him :whistle: :whistle:

Ashley

Now I like the sound of that Tone, I am up for that - it was quite a big one if I remember rightly - that said, I dare say that he has it all chromed up by now.

Not chromed up yet..... just trying to find the last part a chrome bucket or tilley lamp for the rear tow hook :-D

Ashley