Wear Your Poppy With Pride

Next Sat we will take the pig to Poole to help with the collection, quite fitting as operation Banner finished this year.

Coming Jack, Lawson ??

HF

HF - would love too!!!! If I can get my break lights sorted :-D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took part in my 101 in something today that would have been unthinkable 10 years ago, a Remembrance parade in Newmarket on Fergus in Co Clare, Ireland.

It was organised by the the Wild Geese, a group of veterens of both Britsh Army and Irish Defence Forces and remembered Irish soldiers who died in any conflict. A poppy wreath was laid and the names of 15 local men who died in the Somme was read out followed by the names of those who died in the war of Independance. The standard bearers were flanked by WW1 re-enactors and the names read by a WW1 officer and a Volunteer officer. Whole thing was very moving and was filmed by RTE.

There were re-enactors of all periods representing 'Irish' British Army regiments as well as local units, Americans etc. A number of poppies were to be seen in lapels.

I took part in my 101 in something today that would have been unthinkable 10 years ago, a Remembrance parade in Newmarket on Fergus in Co Clare, Ireland.

It was organised by the the Wild Geese, a group of veterens of both Britsh Army and Irish Defence Forces and remembered Irish soldiers who died in any conflict. A poppy wreath was laid and the names of 15 local men who died in the Somme was read out followed by the names of those who died in the war of Independance. The standard bearers were flanked by WW1 re-enactors and the names read by a WW1 officer and a Volunteer officer. Whole thing was very moving and was filmed by RTE.

There were re-enactors of all periods representing 'Irish' British Army regiments as well as local units, Americans etc. A number of poppies were to be seen in lapels.

Thats great news,............Truely.

Im glad Peace has come to your land.

With respects,

Andy

Just got back from finishing our first village.

Good to talk to people.

........one guy asked us if we were playing the last post as we walk up to the do - he said that he had heard footsteps and the last post was playing :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Yes i will happy to help as well...And jack do you want me to give you a hand to sort out your back lights....I have multimeter should be easy to fix that problem...

Hi Laws - I hope to have a look this week sometime :computerterror2:

I was looking up a name on my village memorial as it was the same as my wifes maiden name , came to light it is her grandfathers brother who ran off and joined the RFA early WWI, coincidently 2 other names came to light 1 from my Regular regiment and 1 from my TA regiment, you can guarantee I'll remember them by leaving a cross on the Cenataph next Sunday.

Baz.

Make sure chaps that you donate enough so that you can grab a bag full of poppies or cross's then you make sure that everytime you take your mv out you pass a memorial - stop a lay a poppy or a cross and just reflect for a while.

JB

I know personally both Regular and TA soldiers who have paid the ultimate sacrifice, so please remember when you are in your MVs, what their purpose were and think about the people that used to crew them.

Baz.

Had some news today,............Eastbourne do NOT want military vehicles attending the 11th hour commemorations,......or rather the chairman of the combined forces association in that town, doesn't want us attending. :dunno:

Council, Police and the loacl branch RBL are Okabout it, but CFA run the 'show',....... :-(

He didn't even have the courtesy of returning my call, left on answerphone last week, before making his decision.

I Dunno............ >:(

Andy

I get the distinct feeling that these people do not really want us "Military heads" to attend these collections, yet they are crying out for money, is it so bad as to want to turn up to help????????????

Aye,............Same here. :roll:

Maybe's next year, us Mil Veh owners need to think of doing our own thing. :whistle:

Had some news today,............Eastbourne do NOT want military vehicles attending the 11th hour commemorations,......or rather the chairman of the combined forces association in that town, doesn't want us attending. :dunno:

Council, Police and the loacl branch RBL are Okabout it, but CFA run the 'show',....... :-(

He didn't even have the courtesy of returning my call, left on answerphone last week, before making his decision.

I Dunno............ >:(

Andy

That's just repugnant, but not surprising. Did you not read about Basingstoke Council that forbad a fund raising bonfire by the fire crews of that town, to donate to their fallen colleagues in the dreadful fatality in Warwickshire?

But what do expect in a country where Community Support Officers are forbidden to save a drowning child.

Makes you wonder how some people sleep.

:banana: :banana: :banana: At Last,............. :-D :-D :-D After being 'blown out', in eastbourne, re Remembrance Day, approached Hailsham RBL,....very last moment, explained what (as a group) we'd hoped to do, in ebn,...wondered if we could in Hailsham, instead,...................YES. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

So, Come sunday morning, we join the parade.

Lest We Forget.

Andy