My Weapon Collection

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor small boy. Already influence by the warlike perversion and éthenique. It is damage.:stop::stop::stop::stop::confused:

That "poor boy" as you put it is my son, 16 years old in two months, he has not been perverted in any way. He is a very intelligent young man who has a very healthy interest in history & is a collector. Comments like this are not in the spirit of the forum, if you can not respect fellow members interest than this forum is not for you...

He's also in the ACF (Army Cadet Force).

Warminster%20Firepower%20Display%202%20018.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!

That "poor boy" as you put it is my son, 16 years old in two months, he has not been perverted in any way. He is a very intelligent young man who has a very healthy interest in history & is a collector. Comments like this are not in the spirit of the forum, if you can not respect fellow members interest than this forum is not for you...

here here!!!!!!!

Mark :cool:

Bayonets No.5.

The No.5 Bayonet was originaly issued for the Enfiled Jungle carbine.

BOTH wartime & postwar variants are interchangeable.

ALL Service issue bayonets have wood grips. The metal gripped variant was the COMERCIAL issue manufatured by Sterling & were NEVER in British Army service. (The blade ricasso is also marked Sterling on a box)

The Bayonet was alegedly issued for 'Morale' reasons. Personally I would think it is a last ditch effeort if your that close! BUT, I can see a small application if you are hose clearing. If you turn a corner & 'Blunder' into an Enemy. Then it is a Natural reaction to PUSH OUT (& stick him!)

The canadian version of the Sterling C2 takes a candian version of the slr bayonet. It is identical to ours except the retention catch is longer. The ORIGINAL L1A1 Bayonet had this catch, but it was found to be too exposed & many bayonets fell of upon the catch being struck by trees, wall, vehicles Etc. It was modified.

the No5 jungle carbine bayonet was initially the issue bayonet for the Sterling - the ring size is larger and a standard SLR bayonet will not fit as you probably know. I bought a No5 and it looks fine on my Sterling although every ex Ferret crew memeber I have ever spoken too said the same thing - bayonets were never issued to vehicle crews and surrender was the preferred option.

India manufactures the Sterling L2a3 SMG & ALSO the Bayonets. these are marked R.FI (Rifle Factory Ishapore) & are ORIGINAL.

Not too many genuine Postwar manufactured SMG Bayonets are on ther market, unlike SLR ones. This leads me to think that they have been put into War reserve, because no GENUINE British Army L2A3 SMGs have I observed for sale on the Deact market. there is a MOD which is unique to the Brit issue variant that I can spot stright away. NOT ONE SINGLE STERLING HAVE I OBSERVED FOR SALE. OR IN A PRIVATE COLLECTION HAS BEEN GENUINE BRIT ISSUE! to that end, they would have kept the Bayonets as well.

The No 5 bayonet has wooden handle whereas the later "proper" Sterling bayonet is actually a No5 bayonet but with the black metal handles from the standard SLR bayonet. I have never seen the metal one for sale anywhere and my research on bayonet collector forums suggests that one is really rare and a wood handled No5 has as much service pedigree as the later one anyway.

The Sterling user manual refers to a No5 bayonet as well as the later one (I can't remember the correct designation but its something like Bayonet L2A2????)

No5 bayonets are "rare" and expensive - that said they usually crop up on eBay (there are 2 on in australia at the moment) but expect to pay at least £100+

The Indians still make the No5 bayonet as mentioned and in that context you could get one as a "repro" via dealers in the USA eg:

http://www.atlantacutlery.com/atlantacutlery/detail.aspx?ID=411

Poor small boy. Already influence by the warlike perversion and éthenique. It is damage.:stop::stop::stop::stop::confused:

This young lad is trained in the SAFE hadling of Weapons & is probablly more aware of the dangers they pose than an Adult in most cases!

His interest lies in collecting INERT & Permanatly harmless articles.

He will be one of Tommorows Soldiers more than likely defending his country & keeping it free from opression.

Edited by Marmite!!

Lee, Im think Marcus' post was in a spirit of irony. My son like your's was brought up around firearms. He wasn't even allowed to point toy guns at people. He went beating and shooting when he was nine, at his request! Like you all this was used to berate me. Still we both have honest hard working son's not afraid to use their brains. I'm quite satisfied with how he's turned out.

What a smart young man he looks to! As mentioned that lad has potential to be a soldier of tommorrow, and he gets a hat off from me! He has probably more knowledge on correct weapon procedures and handling than the entire renault army.

I myself was in the cadets and have a collection of DEACTIVATED weapons but still treat them as though they are live, i.e dont point them!! especially at the back of "retreating" foreign nations.. (couldn't resist sorry!)

I have a 5 year old daughter who even now at her age knows the basics of safety, which i dont see as a bad thing from a young age she has satisfied her curious mind and is safe around them.

Any way rant over, Lee well done there! full credit to yourself. wish i had a arwen!

Not sure if Marcus is being ironic or not. It could have suffered in translation. However, he has got a Diamond T which in my mind makes him a thoroughly good bloke. If he wants to say what he thinks and why, in French then i will translate it for him.

Just to nail my colours to the mast i think it fine for kids to learn about guns responsibly. If they see what they can do and the damage they can cause it engenders a certain level of responsibility. What i hate to see is kids running around shows with deacs or air softs shooting at each other and passers by. Disgusting behaviour for which i blame the parents. I am sure none of the kids of HMVF members do this, but go to Beltring and it goes on.

On another matter, i think any anti-French sentiment should be left out of the forum full stop. There is no place for it in this "The Friendly Forum". If you disagree with an opinion you should not have a go at the whole nation.

Tim (too)

On another matter, i think any anti-French sentiment should be left out of the forum full stop. There is no place for it in this "The Friendly Forum". If you disagree with an opinion you should not have a go at the whole nation.

Tim (too)

Sorted... thought I had removed those comments the other day:sweat:

I find Lee's and Snapper's sons both sensible young guys.

Met them both last year.

I can imagine people finding it strange to see those young lads with weapons if they don't know them or their fathers. But they are OK.

I seen lots of youngsters at Beltring running around shooting everyone and everything with BB guns. Boys will be boys but Lee and Snapper's boys get taught to be careful.

Ask my girlfriend about that cat, the cat tried to get between us on the sofa once, and she once tried to push my girlfriend off the bed!!!!!!!!! A very jelous cat is that, she wont let my other cat onto the bed if I am in it!!!!! (typical female!!! :-D)

Ask my girlfriend about that cat, the cat tried to get between us on the sofa once, and she once tried to push my girlfriend off the bed!!!!!!!!! A very jelous cat is that, she wont let my other cat onto the bed if I am in it!!!!! (typical female!!! :-D)

I had a cat like that once, who did just the same thing. The Cat was called Phobie and was a Siamese.

• 1 month later...

Well, heres a few of mine, both Live firers and both FOR SALE unfortunately. I just dont get the chance to use them anymore. The Mosin Nagant can hit whatever you point it at. As I found out at 1000yds at Stickledown range at Bisley!! The Lee Enfield is a Longbranch 1942 No4 MkII. The Mosin Nagant is a Izveshk 91/30 1944 sniper.

If anyone is interested, I have loads of .303 drill rounds, cases (all war dated) stripper clips and No4 mags.

Weapons.jpg

Mine aren't not de-activated, they're live. Live ones are generally cheaper than de-acts because it costs about £40 to get them proofed after the de-act work has been done. You are looking around £250 for a decent one.......

Edited by diggerdog36
Didnt read the previous post properly!