War & Peace 2008

MarcPSummers

It seems whoever shouts loudest gets the next load... but he did have a printed schedule, he'd have an awful lot less problems if he just stuck to it.

The problem with the printed schedule is that he doesn't let people know he's coming until the last minute & they can't always be available to off load their MV's so the schedule goes out the window... :roll:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schedule didn't work too well on Monday either did it?? :-D :-D

Told the missus I should be home by 17:00 Hrs. Finally got in at 22:30 hrs. :oops:

Mid-day pick up turned into a late afternoon one and delivery turned into a late evening one - but in fairness that could not be helped as they had a tyre problem on the low-loaders tractor unit so had to drive the bit from the M3 to Pirbright at <10mph...

Schedule didn't work too well on Monday either did it?? :-D :-D

Told the missus I should be home by 17:00 Hrs. Finally got in at 22:30 hrs. :oops:

Mid-day pick up turned into a late afternoon one and delivery turned into a late evening one - but in fairness that could not be helped as they had a tyre problem on the low-loaders tractor unit so had to drive the bit from the M3 to Pirbright at <10mph...

Yes but we got there at 8.20am & what time did he leave :whistle:

Just got back and unloaded, over 12 hours later than expected, but at least it was the right day! Left quite a trail of mud on the couple of miles of lanes between here and the pickup point :whistle:

Chris

Just got back and unloaded, over 12 hours later than expected, but at least it was the right day! Left quite a trail of mud on the couple of miles of lanes between here and the pickup point :whistle:

Chris

At least you got them back :-D

Yes it would have been, but as i left with a shot hydrovac i paid return low loader fee's! so i have a paid lift! just been delayed! so tommorrow i hope she is moved! not much can be stolen! i hope! unless they break in! there should be a line of 432's and an abbott there next to it still.... i hopes all is ok :cry:

I had moved the Ferret down to Hadlow on the Sunday afternoon of the show.Its got to have the engine out,so moved it early.I had the rest of the display and 101 and trailer and jeep loaded and off site by 22.30 that night.I spoke to some one who lives there this morning,and she couldnt believe that there was stuff still lying there.She said the Hop Farm is normally a magnet for the pikeys out of Yalding.I do hope the rest of you get your stuff back a o.k.

Well the Pig is loaded! so lets hope that she is in one piece and not been messed with! i think my lock had been as my mate Dave could not work the key? but with a sledgehammer its removed and ready for bringing back to me:)

lets hope my trailer has not been messed with as well! 10 days later Helen the Humber is coming back to her owner :-D

I think it would be a good idea to get every vehicle which needs to be transported by lowloader grouped together so it could be supervised?

Not easy I guess but a lot of the vehicles could be moved to a safer spot before the owners go home.?

Hasn't Rex or anyone ever proposed this?

Think its better than isolated vehicles all over the terrain.

I think it would be a good idea to get every vehicle which needs to be transported by lowloader grouped together so it could be supervised?

Not easy I guess but a lot of the vehicles could be moved to a safer spot before the owners go home.?

Hasn't Rex or anyone ever proposed this?

Think its better than isolated vehicles all over the terrain.

They are all grouped together... it's the owners problem if they want to leave them laying all over the place in an open field...

• 3 weeks later...

Marc is the webmaster of the event who worked his ar5e off this year. He is a good bloke and really enjoyed himself in the mud buying cheap boots and mainlining on coke (the soft-drink not the powder). Military motors were not his cup of tea, but he liked some of them and was a whizz with the cherry picker. I'll try and get him out of bed so we can do a bigger photoshoot with the thing next year - if Rex rents another one. I was surprised to see him on here - but I'd told him all about us and he must have liked the baseball cap I was wearing. Marc spends most of his time working with balloons in sunny locations like Vegas and....Belgium.

He may reappear.