An expensive show

fv1609

It was an expensive show for me. Despite a few bargains, these were wiped out by the realisation that my cheque book together with £200 went missing :oops:

On the other hand there were some bargains & in particular Lee gave me a new B60 cylinder head. So I suppose if I take the Wolf to the next two shows instead of the Pig, I will be square again.

Yes I know swings & roundabouts, but bl**dy annoying waste. Next year it will be a money belt & no going to the bar!

It was an expensive show for me. Despite a few bargains, these were wiped out by the realisation that my cheque book together with £200 went missing :oops:

Do you mean stolen or just ooops overspending? If they were stolen then that disgusting >:(

Ah no I didn't mean I had been frivolous & used up a cheque book & spent £200.

I had been quite frugal. All I bought was a Danish Army generator giving 6/12/24 volts at 20 amps, a 1911 RAMC manual, a roll of gasket paper, a dipstick & a brush for the flue in my fridge.

Trouble is, I don't know whether it was pinched or was lost in the mud. I did get carried away a bit sat night & was confined to being horizontal all day sunday. So whether it was my fault or whether someone took advantage of me :shake: I just don't know.

Oh no what a bugger (can I say that?) hopefully no-one took them from you and they are now slowly bio degrading in the mud, not any easier on you I know, but next time as you say strap them to your waist :-(

I went to Beltring with a shopping list AND a budget. Managed to only get the things on my list (tent pegs, trailer tyre and a hat) and not overspend..........Except for a re-con TN28 gearbox for our Spartan that turned up (thanks for the financial assistance Mike).

Clive

No wonder i could't find you on sunday didn't think that you would still be in bed!

Yes, I managed to start standing up for short periods at 1600, then for a few hours it was just crawling around. Then I started looking inside a Humber & I revived more rapidly. But driving was a no no so had to wait till monday.

Good news, my cheque book + money has been found :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

It was not lost at W&P as I had thought. On the return trip yesterday I visited a friend who has a large collection of MVs. My belongings were found under one of his pigs......where I had been inspecting the transfer box!

So none the less, I think big shows in particular a money belt is required, just in case I end up horizontal again ;-)

It was not lost at W&P as I had thought. On the return trip yesterday I visited a friend who has a large collection of MVs. My belongings were found under one of his pigs......where I had been inspecting the transfer box!

So none the less, I think big shows in particular a money belt is required, just in case I end up horizontal again ;-)

You must be glad it turned up!

Great news Clive, I thought that rogue Borat might have run off with it, to buy insecticide.

Richard, I'm surprised you obviously don't understand the system over there.

You don't buy insecticide. It is earned by trading use of your goat, horse, dog, wife, rat etc depending on how much insecticide you need.

I only took £200. No pix sales this spring.....

We got a P38 holster for a pound. Two norgies for £7. a near full set of 58 pattern webbing and pack for £15. An airsoft Desert Eagle pistol for £15. An airsoft AK47 misakenly marked for £25 - they let me have one. Should have been £150 or there abouts. Various bits of Soldier 95 for under a tenner. Some old pattern ACF trousers for £1 a pair. A shirt for £1.50. Two decent campbeds for £30. A wad of Dragon stuff for £40. The rest went on milk, beer and noodles.

Glad to hear you got your dosh back, security at Beltring could do with being bolstered however, down where we were in Quiet camping at the back of the arena, local kids were climbing over the fence to get in. People who come and go by the "back door" often don't mind taking something with them.

On a lighter note it was a expensive show for me too, but a great one!

some of the things I brought where; GPMG ring ™, GPMG mount and cover, CES tools, a 10m inter-vehicle start lead, wheel chocks, steel cable tow rope, power steering pump etc.... mostly CES for the Militant.

Big Dave beat me hands down though, by buying 50 tons of Centurion tank!! Now that's an expensive Beltring and the spending has only just began.

Wahey!! Glad your money and cheque book turned up :-)

Don't worry mate, I'm familiar with the bonnet up - bonnet down syndrome. We lost the right had steering on the way back from the arena on Saturday! We cleaned the pads and disc, still nothing. Ended up removing, stripping, cleaning and then replacing the master cylinders. After a trip round the stalls we found some pipe to bleed the system with. That seemed to fix it, but I've not seen it in nearly a week so I hope it still works when I drive it off the low loader!

Chris